
I had an online coupon that "needed" to be used, heh heh.

TC was with me during this particular outing...
We each selected one lunch item each with the free gelato intended for dessert afterward.

So many choices...


And only one stomach. Sad face.
TC's Cornetto salad with tofu and grilled bread plus my mini sandwich with ham, egg and honey mustard.

I wish restaurants wouldn't use rosemary as garnish. The odor is so strong and it just goes to waste.

I loved how the yolk wasn't "yolky-runny".

Flavors - strawberry, hazelnut and pear.


Another visit during the summer...


Ooh "Purple Rain"...

Plaque near the Kensington-Normal Heights library.



Bert and I rewatched "Purple Rain" a few months ago when Prince died. Memories of high school. Great soundtrack and awesome performances in that movie.

I bought several CD's for $1 each plus a few books for TC, which were "Forty Licks", a two CD set of the Rolling Stones' Greatest Hits (there were two CD's in it and the library guy charged me just $1), a Yardbirds compilation, the "Trainspotting" soundtrack plus LL Cool J!



A pretty diverse roll call of musical artists...My fave one is the Stones.
One other visit was a few days after our anniversary where we had dinner at the newly opened Sorella. We ended up going to Pappalecco for coffee and gelato.

Painted utility box near the Kensington-Normal Heights Library and park.

Nice that it wasn't crazy busy that evening.

Our gelatos plus the Marocchino coffee drink that we liked so much from a past visit.


I love the look of those layers.
For me and Bert - dark chocolate, pistachio, and coffee. For TC, strawberry, coconut and lemon.
We like that you can get many flavors in any size cup.
Previous visit to Pappalecco, Kensington:
June 2016
The servers are always so nice here, especially Beba, the gal from Venezuela. There is another server who is from Africa and he is quite friendly as well. Pappalecco has great choices in drinks, gelato, desserts, and sandwiches (and salads). I'm sure we will work our way through their gelato flavors eventually.


No comments:
Post a Comment