
MFH had to get back by 11:00 so our time here was limited, but not to worry...
A few steps away from Moniker General Coffee was the Liberty Public Market (new map/key below):


Our dessert destination was here. I saw on IG that they had new eclair and macaron flavors and since we were here...well then.

It was so nice that hardly anyone was around. Many tables were empty (yay) and one didn't have to jostle for space or crane around someone's head. One of my good friends Mr. TJ loves crowds, arriving late and making an "entrance" but I don't. The complete opposite for me. I tell you, the best time to go to avoid crowds is super early in the morning like we did.
Desserts awaiting us...

Everything looked so beautiful.



These were our picks - the Vanille Framboise (red velvet with raspberries and vanilla cream) for me and the Tropical Fruit for MFH (the fruits were mango, passionfruit and pineapple). The paper plates (which looked a bit incongruous with such a fancy dessert) were decorated with a fruit coulis squiggle which the lovely eclairs were placed upon.




They looked too pretty to eat but we got over that pretty fast, ha ha.

As for the macarons, the two toned was mango passionfruit; the green was Matcha grapefruit. The latter was an unusual flavor pairing.


Of the two, I liked the mango passionfruit better. It was hard to taste the grapefruit flavor since the green tea was more prominent.
Above us, a local artist's rendition of a famous photo depicting the late Muhammad Ali standing triumphantly over boxer Sonny Liston in 1964. It was this fight that Liston lost his title as the World Heavyweight Champion.

As an aside, Sonny Liston is featured in wax figure form in the front row of the Beatles' seminal album sleeve cover, "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band".

Just a little trivial tidbit for ya.
Nice and quiet for now...

I picked up Bert's favorite pastry from Le Parfait Paris, the chocolate almond croissant, which was enjoyed later that morning.

I should have bought an extra one for myself.
Previous visit to Le Parfait Paris:
June 2016
Last year:
"MFH's birthday dessert at Tostadas" Sept. 2015
I wish I could be retired like MFG but I still have a ways to go! I'm not even 50 yet but good gosh, these years may end up going faster than I think. But for now, I'm going to enjoy life as it comes!


2 comments:
OMG, my friend should meet your friend who likes to arrive late and make an entrance. I'm like you and prefer no crowds. I would go at the crack of dawn but I don't think most of the vendors open before 10:30a (Fishbone, Wicked Lobster, the beer hall place)? I wonder if Le Parfait bakes all their items same day?
Haha...well my friend is very gay and loves making a splash wherever we go. WestBean, the coffeeplace is open early as is Le Parfait Paris. I would hope they bake their stuff the day off. Our desserts tasted fresh.
Post a Comment