
The motel actually gives earplugs to guests who find the noise bothersome especially at night. For all of the times we've stayed here, it's never been an issue for any of us having a problem falling asleep because of the noise.

For me, whenever I'm in a different city, I am more accepting of the ambient street noise I suppose.
There were several places we wanted to go on Taraval, the first one was another request by TC...
because she saw that a particular cafe was named after the owner's Shiba Inu (a type of Japanese dog and a breed that TC is obsessed with because they are so %$#& cute!).
There it is, on the corner. Mellow's Cafe.




We actually didn't have a proper lunch. Just that hipster toast breakfast from Home Cafe earlier that morning and that coffee from Philz in Burlingame.
The cafe was empty save for two tables with some teens and a young child. The male owner was there, but Mellow was not. The dog was actually his girlfriend's and she was not here that day. (Sad face).

Well, at least we saw a photo of Mellow, ha ha.

TC's mango smoothie and the two sandwiches that we shared between us.

Above and below - Turkey on Dutch Crunch bread, a bread that we typically don't see in SoCal, but is quite common in the Bay Area.

The other sandwich was this black forest ham with pesto panini.

Of the two, I liked the Dutch crunch turkey much better since the flavor wasn't overpowered by the pesto. Plus, I liked the novelty of the Dutch crunch bread.
I have to agree with TC that these dogs are so cute!
Sign in the bathroom:

Those seem like a lot of directions (or are they?) for washing hands.
We liked our sandwiches here; they were alright. The owner was a really nice guy, very relaxed. The cafe was pretty empty that afternoon though. I hope that they are able to sustain their business here.
Mellow's Cafe
1400 Taraval St.
San Francisco, CA 94116
(415) 759-8955
fb page< + reviews that four lettered site
Our other stops were within walking distance on Taraval. We would be revisiting a beloved ice cream shop not too far away...


No comments:
Post a Comment