
"C'mon, it's just down the street!"...."But, I'm already full"..."We'll take it to go!"

True, but I still felt we couldn't pass up another dessert place in such close proximity...
So in we went...

Since it was still pretty early (pre-noon), it was fairly empty as in we were able to find a place to sit easily and there was no line.
As a non-selfie taker, this wall was pretty useless for me.

Same with this. But I can see the appeal. They have all kinds of these type of photo opps in LA's Arts District and even in the new Horton Plaza Park downtown.

We only got two things there, a coffee drink for the birthday gal and a mille crepe cake slice for us to share. Pretty boring considering the offerings below, colorful macaron shells which you can fill with the ice cream of your choice. Or you could get your ice cream in a cone garnished with sugary cereals, which seems to be a big thing now in these trendy dessert places.


They had two flavors of the mille crepe cake, the "classic" below and also the Matcha. D's wanted her coffee in the glass milk bottle (which costs extra). We basically took a couple of bites of the cake, which was nice and light and then saved it for later. We still had some shopping to do.


I was afraid the cake would be dry, but the layers were tender with a light cream filling between each slice. TC was excited later that day because D gave her the empty milk bottle.
Article:
Darlene's first look "Square Bar Cafe brings coffee, tea and dessert to Convoy" Aug 19, 2016
Who else has been to Square Bar?
Kirbie went shortly after their grand opening two months ago, July 2016
and hot off the press, here's Mary's fresh new post about her visit the day before!
Square Bar Cafe
4488 Convoy St., Suite H
San Diego, CA 92111
(858) 292-5778
www.squarebar.com/their fb page + reviews from that four lettered site and foursquare
Since Fall Break is coming up, TC already has Square Bar on her radar as well as Bing Haus. We'll have to make it a "two-fer". If I bring her and a friend, then those two young millennials can go to town on all of those pretty desserts with ice cream (with the dreaded lactose). Plus it helps to have the metabolism of a hummingbird, which I don't have ((sob)). Once these visits happen, I'll do another more exciting post.
We wanted to walk off our calories and get some errands out of the way, so we headed off to Fashion Valley before going to our last destination for coffee.


2 comments:
I've seen such pretty pictures about this place. I'm hoping to visit soon as it's a friend's bday coming up. Do they make those crepe cakes in house? There's no mention of the cakes on their website. We visited Boba Time the other day - I wonder if the drinks here at SBC are better.
My daughter wants to go here, with a friend. I will vicariously live thru their desserts and do a "revisit" post. A lot of these dessert places are by and for millenials (since they have such a super high metabolism and can handle eating all of this sugary shit). On their IG, they advertised what looked an exact copy of the strawberry croissants (as well as the strawberry banana croissants) from Cream Pan. They did not have those during our visit. I don't know about the crepes here but I assume they would be made in house, to order.
I'm not a big boba or milk or tea fan, so I wouldn't be able to make a fair comparison.
Post a Comment