"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Friday, September 02, 2016

Lagunitas Brewing Company

A few miles away from Shollenberger Park was a brewery that Bert wanted to visit.

Even though we just had light (a light lunch that is), we were here and so off we went...

The brewery is in an industrial area with big warehouse type buildings. It was not a weekend, but man were those parking lots packed!  It turns out that it's like that every day, according to our server. Lagunitas is certainly a popular place. Customers could eat inside or outside which we chose to do.

This snack basket were our pre-drink appetizers.

Their listing of seasonal and specialty beers. Bert elected to do a flight sampler.


Most of the beers in his flight were from the seasonal list. He also got this one below (I didn't like it because it was too "piney").

If it weren't for the written names below, I would NOT have remembered what Bert had. This was the smallest sized flight. You have the option of ordering more I believe. The "Aunt Sally" was a sour beer which I didn't care for. My favorite was the Brown Shugga' while Bert liked the Equinox.

Along with the beer flight, we ordered nachos to share. It was quite a lot and we didn't finish it or take it back either since it would have been soggy later anyways.



I didn't like the beans in there but Bert did.  Too many jalapenos as well.

Random shot that I took of signs while on the way back to the hotel. Bert noticed the yellow sign had Bruce Lee!


Here's a super short video someone took while at Lagunita's. It pretty much looked like that when we were there. Crowded.

Minus the older hippie woman wearing a "Feel the Bern" sweatshirt.

Lagunitas Brewing Company
1280 N. McDowell Blvd.
Petaluma, CA 94954
(707) 778-8776

lagunitas.com

Now Bert can cross this place off his list. He enjoyed his flight which had a variety of flavors (hoppy, citrus, brown sugar, and sour.  This would be our last day in Petaluma before making our way down to San Francisco for the second leg of our vacation.

No comments: