"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Friday, September 23, 2016

Patty's Cafe

Yesterday TC and I braved the morning traffic...

From the 125 (thank goodness for my fast pass) to the 8 east...

Over to La Mesa in the strip mall with Papa's Donuts (revisit post is forthcoming), Big Lots and Goodwill...

Cathy had been here and tried a variety of their items both American and  Greek (her post linked at the end). I had a coupon so why not use it. There are two seating areas. There were the regulars plus a few families, then TC and I. Our server was a very nice young lady. This is a family owned business (see Cathy's post for the history, etc) and they really do treat their customers well here.

I was fascinated by the pierced metal designs in their suspended lamps. It looked quite medieval to me. Plus, they cast cool shadows.


Every table had a real fresh flower in a vase.

You can probably already guess what I ordered.

TC wanted lemon tea, fearing she might have caught a tiny cold from the previous day. Luckily, this drink helped her out, soothing her throat with the lemon and honey.

Our breakfast that morning:

Corned beef hash with eggs and hashbrowns for her. Buttered sour dough toast for both of us.

And yes, you guessed it. Chicken Fried Steak with house potatoes (crisp and served with onions and bell peppers) and scrambled eggs. The gravy was not overly thick and the cube steak was quite good. Very tender with a crisp coating. This was one of the best CFS's I've had.

Another nice touch, fresh flowers in the bathroom of all places!

Yeah, I noticed stuff like that.

Who else has been to Patty's Cafe?
The well versed and traveled Cathy of mmm-yoso has a nice writeup from her previous visits May 2016

It is also listed in Culture Trip's article:
"The 10 best breakfasts and brunches in La Mesa, San Diego" Nov. 24, 2015

Patty's Cafe
6155 Lake Murray Blvd.
La Mesa, CA 91942
(619) 462-1922

www.pattyscafe.com / their fbpage + reviews from you know where and tripadvisor & SD Union-Trib (March 2013)

In this same strip mall was our other morning stop, a place I last visited with Astroboi during my birthday food crawl.

No comments: