
A lone customer at the window was all the confirmation we needed to make that hard left...
Holy $%#@! Star Dust was OPEN!

As I hadn't been here since March 2013, here is a photo of their "OLD" sign indicating their "so-called hours":

(from my Food Crawl with Bert" post, May 2011)
He now has a new sign with actual hours!

So now ya know...
Of course, I had to get some cinnamon rolls for Bert...

plus a few others for us to all share...
Looks like the sign was redone or replaced as well (the same sign is seen as faded in my May 2011 post)

I should have asked for a box. Trying to handle these sticky donuts while in the car and on my lap was "fun" (grrr)...

Glazed for TC:

German Chocolate Bar for Bert:

OMG, this was so good! I'd never seen this one before and German Chocolate is one of my husband's favorite flavors!
Chocolate glazed for me:

Cinnamon Twist:

And our trio of his famous Cinnamon Rolls:

These will be enjoyed later...

I love the painted utility boxes in IB. Most of them are beach or tropical themed. Looks so much nicer than that drab green they normally are.

I'd say we had a great day so far....
Previous "taste" from Star Dust:
October 2013, where Bert picked up some cinnamon rolls during a work related visit in the area...
My last "successful" visit to Star Dust:
March 2013, this post, entitled, "Starstruck" is one of my more popular posts since someone linked it on a Chowhound thread for, uh Donut Porn.
I'm glad that TC and I were able to catch this place while it was open! I had a sneak taste of the German chocolate bar meant for Bert and man, it was good!!!


6 comments:
Oh dear, those pictures make me crave a donut! YUM.
Hello J! Thanks for visiting! I hope all is well with you and your family! If you are ever down in SD, you must check out IB and Star Dust Donuts! :)
Thank you dear for the German Chocolate Bar. It was very good! It wasn't there the last time I was there. :)
I knew you would like it, and surprisingly enough, I did too! :)
Last time we drove through there Star Dust was also open (less than a month ago) but it was a really quick stop so I didn't even notice any changes or if the hours had been posted yet. Real hours, though, oh my gosh! So exciting! hahah! Will have to check out the German Chocolate Bar, I remember they had it last time I went but I didn't get it, only got old fashioned donuts. Yum!
That German Chocolate Bar was pretty $%#@ good! The other time I went back in March of last year, they had what they called the "Carmel" (his spelling not mine) pecan roll. That wasn't there the other day though. He usually has the regular donuts then throws in a surprise specialty donut or two. This is my favorite donut shop in the South Bay!
Post a Comment