
Our mom was with us and after we checked him in, we three went here for breakfast...
Snooze has been around now since late 2012. I never got into the hype. The one time I tried to go in Fall 2012, the lines were ridiculously long. I hate waiting more than 15 minutes for ANYTHING. So it was nice to be here finally without a wait.

Today was the very rare day that I left my camera at home. These photos are a combination of pix taken from my sister's phone, my crappy phone and her tablet (which I couldn't quite get to focus). I liked the retro decor in here, but was really annoyed by the reggae/Jawaiian music they were playing. Of all the genres....that and country are the ones I dislike the most. Okay, and opera. And gangster rap. And electronic house music. And dubstep. The list goes on, ha ha!

My mom didn't want to eat anything since she brought sandwiches from home, but we still shared a tiny bit of our breakfast with her.

My iced mocha...

My corned beef hash with caramelized onions and poblano peppers, eggs, and (burnt, WTF) sour dough toast along with my sister's OMG French toast - brioche filled with mascarpone, topped with vanilla creme and salted caramel, strawberries and toasted coconut (my sister is OBSESSED with coconut) with a side of bacon.

She gave me one of the pieces and man it was way too sweet for me. I usually enjoy savory foods for breakfast. Plus, the texture of the brioche was too "wet" for my liking. It was good, but only for a few bites

My corned beef hash was pretty good. I haven't had corned beef anything in awhile.

Mmm, bacon...

It was kind of hard to enjoy breakfast because I kept thinking about my dad and how he was doing. He was getting a checkup to see if he had any blockages (nine years ago he had a triple bypass) and if so, he would be getting some stents put in.

Before heading back to the hospital, my sis wanted to get some coffee across the street...

This used to be a Starbucks, which was kind of stupid because there was another Starbucks, literally on the same block. Not sure if it's still there though. The businesses here have changed hands so many times.

I don't remember the name of her drink, but it had coconut in it. It was some sort of frappe flavored with banana, caramel and coconut. Sweets overload again!

Yeah, there's those coconut flakes...

I already had my coffee buzz going so it was her turn for now.
Who else went to Snooze?
Mary - December 2011 as well as Leanne...
Kirbie went twice - November 2011 & June 2012, as well as Dennis - February 2012
Snooze (Hillcrest location)
3940 5th Ave
San Diego, CA 92103
(619) 500-3344
www.snoozeeatery.com
Who else went to the Kona Coffee Company?
Mary went here back in May 2012
Kona Coffee Company
3995 5th Ave
San Diego, CA 92103
(619) 298-5662
Their website domain expired on 6/4/2014 so don't bother clicking on it (for now at least)
It was time to head back to the hospital to check up on our dad...


4 comments:
I hope your dad is doing okay, CC. Surprised that they served you such a burnt piece of toast! I would not be happy in that situation either. I also prefer savory to sweet breakfast options! Although sometimes the sweet stuff sounds so tempting... I always wish I had more stomach room so that I can get everything that sounds good, haha.
Hi Jinxi, yes, he is doing well. Two stents were put in. The doctor did a great job.
We haven't succumbed to the 'Snooze' hipster crowd yet, but it does loo interesting. Good to know it isn't always crazy crowded. Happy about your dad!
hi cathy - i wasn't too impresssed with this place. i don't like eggs benedict, pancakes, french toast, etc. fancy breakfast food isn't my thing. thanks re: my dad. :)
Post a Comment