
where I've been wanting to go forever, but was always deterred by the craptastic Hillcrest parking and the long lines. Not so for this day...
where there was only two or three people ahead of us. My car was parked in the hospital parking structure (ouch, they no longer validate, boo) across the street. They have a "boxing" theme going on here, not just in their boxing glove wielding mascot but also in some of the graphics and decor in and out of the store.

The menu is simple. Look first before you order. I don't think they like you dilly-dallying. I made sure to look at the case first too.


Lots of good choices...

Most important - CASH ONLY!

My sis and I kept it very light and simple that day.

She had the pepperoni mushroom slice while I had the mushroom whitestone.

I had the salad earlier at Mo's so one slice is all I could handle.

Loved the pizza here almost as much as Luigi's in Golden Hill and North Park. They are pretty much on par with each other. Of course, I would have to do more "research" at the Bronx!!!
Because I hate my food getting smashed together, I didn't eat my slice the NY way, which is folding it over when eating it. I simply refuse to do that! I like to enjoy my bites individually, point first!
Here's an older video I dug up about Bronx Pizza (from 2008):
They got the location wrong - they say "downtown San Diego" when it's really in Hillcrest. Fail.
and a more recent one with 50's music, straight from their own youTube channel:
If this weren't so fattening, I'd be here every damn day, haha!
Who else went to Bronx Pizza?
Captain Jack - May 2006
Kirk - June 2005
Michael - July 2007
Roger - April 2008
Kirbie July 2009
Mary - October 2010
Bronx Pizza
111 Washington St.
San Diego, CA 92103
(619) 291-3341
www.bronxpizza.com
One of these days, a repeat visit will be in order. Since we were in Hillcrest, I suggested to my sis to check out a local market for her macarons obsessed son...


7 comments:
Oh I love the pizza here! The mushrooms are really good =) I haven't been to Luigi's yet though, will have to check that out sometime.
I love the whitestone here! All the other places i've been to, i'm not as much of a fan of the white pizzas.
Hi jinxi - i want to try their other slices next time i go. if you go to Luigi's, I suggest the Golden Hill location. More seating options and nicer ambiance. I used to like the El Cajon location because it was next to the old Eclipse. I don't know what took over Eclipse though.
Hi Kirbie, I think it was your post and Mary's that made me want to try the whitestone.
We always order a calzone and while waiting for it to bake, get two slices and a drink...the crust and toppings and sauce are just great. I suppose I should do a post...
Cathy, The calzones look too "intimidating" but yeah, i'd eat it, haha!!! looking forward to a future post! :)
Ohh, I think I should try a calzone from here like Cathy did. We usually just get a Whitestone.
Alright, a calzone it is, next time! Plus another whitestone slice!
Post a Comment