"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Monday, June 02, 2014

Billboards and a revisit to Big Ben's Market

Recently seen in National City...

This was somewhere along the northern end of National City Blvd. There was another one on Highland Ave featuring different musical artists. I loved that this was in Spanish and targeted their audience...Plus, the Fab Fair sounds so beautiful in Spanish - "Un Feria Fabulosa"!    Andale pues! 

Later on that day, I saw another billboard in another part of town...


This one was in Hillcrest near 6th Ave approaching University Ave.   This one was in English, obviously featuring a couple of has-beens. Sorry, not interested in the former lead singer of Hooty and the Blowfish or Huey Lewis.

Earlier that day, I dropped of TC to do a dance performance. Since I was in the area, I went here...

to buy some leafy vegetables, and then I saw this...

Belching Beaver is a local brewery which we had the pleasure of visiting last month with the Horns. I remember liking the Peanut Butter Milk Stout...

The Sonic on Highland near the 54 freeway is shaping up...

This will be a popular place especially with the high school closeby.

At Big Ben's, I bought a small container of Tabula (the spellings vary; I've seen it as Tabbouleh at other places). Inside was a small container of lemon juice and olive oil to pour over the chopped parsley, tomatoes and bulgur wheat.

I thought it was all right but I wasn't a fan of the parsley's texture. It was worth at least one try though.

I bought two pints of blueberries for $1.49 and one bunch of beets with leafy tops attached ($1.59). I really like buying beets with the leaves on because it's like getting two for one. The beets were peeled and roasted with olive oil and salt while I sauteed the leaves as a side dish.


Now back to that beer...

We hope to imbibe this particular flavor later this week....

Perhaps with some ice cream as a beer float...



2 comments:

Mary said...

Okay... peanut butter beer sounds both terribly weird and terribly interesting to me. Think I'm going to have to check it out!

caninecologne said...

hi mary - it was worth a try! for me, it was easy to sip. my sis didn't like it. she prefers the fruity beers. i love porters and stouts!