
But before that, I wanted to try my luck at a nearby donut shop...
Donut Haven, right off Fifth and Robinson. It was nice being a pedestrian because of the limited parking in this tiny strip mall.

It was already 11 am and they were out of my favorite blueberry donuts, so I got my second favorite, the mini apple fritter (which would be enjoyed later that day).

Apparently 11 am is not too early for my sis to have a drink, so we headed over to Urban Mo's after nixing The Brass Rail.

I'd never been here but my sis had in the past. No crowds (yet) so we sat out by the window to people watch.

I think in the not too distant past that Mo's used to be a country western bar called Kickers.

My sis got her usual, the Jack and Coke. I stuck with water and a salad. I wanted to save my appetite for our planned lunch around the corner...

This was the mixed green salad with Ranch on the side.

See? Healthy! I was good, ha ha!
Who else went to Urban Mo's?
Mary had their fried green beans during the epic Taste of Hillcrest event in April 2014.
Previous visit to Donut Haven:
April 2014
Urban Mo's
308 University Ave
San Diego, CA 92103
(619) 491-0400
www.urbanmos.com
Next stop..lunch! Here's a hint....NY style pizza.


No comments:
Post a Comment