
which of course, are the best kind of all...
The Hello Kitty Macadamias were a gift from a student's mom. That was so sweet of her. Inside were four pieces of chocolate (gone already at the time of writing) but I saved the box because it's just so cute!
Below is a very cool assortment that we received from Paul and Darlene Horn:

A Coca-Cola backback, which TC has already used several time, Sriracha popcorn (we are saving this bag to try with these Sriracha chips I bought as a taste comparison), a Coca-Cola shirt (which Bert has claimed), Black Cow chocolate caramel candy, and a couple of uh, interestingly flavored sodas.

We still haven't tried these but plan to. Recently during a couple of food road trips, I saw this brand of sodas at Galco's (that was the road trip with Cathy; that post is forthcoming) and also at Rocket Fizz (post is in the works) in Burbank. Whoever thought of these drink flavors is pure evil. There is a gravy soda, a turkey flavored one, and buffalo wing (ugh!). I think I might like that corn one though!
Bert really likes Sriracha so I'm curious to see his reaction to eating this popcorn.

Darlene got some of these gifts during a recent work related visit to the Midwest, like the huckleberry cordials. These were pretty sweet, but I liked the huckleberry flavor.

The Klondike candy was pretty chewy since it was caramel. I wonder why Klondike felt they needed to make a candy when they were just
A few weeks ago when Cathy picked me up super super early (like 5 freakin' a.m.) for our road trip, she gave us these gifts. TC has already claimed this box to make with her friends.

Right then!
I was quite excited to see these macaron rusks. There were about a dozen in there in four or five flavors. They are individually wrapped and they are just the shells, which are crunchy yet chewy. Very different from the delicate macaron with the ganache or buttercream filling.

I forgot where she got them but they were from an Asian store (the box indicated it was made in Taiwan). We recently polished off the coffee almonds, which I really liked. They were coated with the mocha powder and packed a tiny bit of a caffeine punch.

The other day, I met up with the lovely Kirbie for lunch (that post is also forthcoming) and was the lucky recipient of these snacks and sweets she kindly gathered for me.

The goodies included wafer egg rolls, a jar of artichoke and roasted garlic dip, a gourmet cocoa mix, peanut butter cup Oreos (I was so excited to see this!), a Godiva strawberry truffle, a few Hi-Chew fruit chew candies (now available at Costco!), a strawberry cheesecake flavored Kit-Kat, as well as a strawberry/chia drink. I'm quite curious to try that drink.
Also included was this bag of cola flavored gummy candies, which TC spirited away hence it's absence in the "group" shot.

They also sell a "fizzy" version (which she bought once at Shakespeare Corner Shoppe) which has a carbonated powder coating. I had a couple of these candies and they really do taste like cola!
It's always a nice surprise to receive something from friends and I always appreciate everyone's thoughtfulness in the types of gifts chosen. I myself enjoy choosing and giving a variety of food/snack related gifts. You know they are going to be enjoyed for the most part and it's fun to try something new or to have the recipient try something new.


No comments:
Post a Comment