"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Monday, June 23, 2014

Return to the San Diego Soup Shoppe

We debated over lunch earlier that morning. Soup was agreed upon but where. We'd already tried Da Nang but changed my mind after passing by the Soup Shoppe's store front while on our way to Mystic Mocha,

I remembered how much I liked it during my previous visit and today was as good a day as any to give it another go...

It was a beautiful sunny Sunday morning and hooray, the parking meters were not in effect!

To refresh your memory, their menu board once again:

Pretty much everything on here looks good! We saw that they still had their half soup (or salad)/half sandwich special.

And what's this? Cookies from the Cravory? Hmmm....

At $2.50, they priced them .50 more than the Cravory does. The guy working there was misinformed; he said the Cravory sells them for a $1 more than they did. Not. Really now $3.50 a cookie?

We sat out in the back under the much welcomed shade.

We both loved our buttery grilled bread!

My Roast Beef with Muenster cheese, red onion, tomato, arugula and mustard plus my Caesar salad...

Bert had what Cathy had from my first visit, the Caprese.

Bert's clam chowder was excellent; it was very rich and creamy and chock full of clams (hello!) and diced potatoes! It wasn't thin and watery like some of the chowders we had during our recent Central Coast road trip Oh no, this was pretty damn good.

Like a sucker, I splurged on two cookies. Yeah...sigh.  I am obsessed with blueberry anything. It's a curse!

The orange bar would be for TC; the blueberry was supposed to be for me and Bert but whaddaya know, I ended up having it after the movie.

The cookie was moist and full of real wild blueberries. None of this artificial crap like those blueberry donuts that I like so much, ha ha.

I made sure to savor this bad boy!

[Update on 6/25 - Like Marty McFly, I can go "back in time" to do these, ha ha]
The Orange Bar:

which tasted just like an orange creamsicle but in cookie form!

Pretty good!

Previous visit to San Diego Soup Shoppe:
January 2014 with Cathy of mmm-yoso

I hope my next visit to the SD Soup Shoppe will be much sooner!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I didn't get to have clam chowder while I was in Boston... the version here looks really good and thick! Funny how that guy tried to tell you about the price of the Cravory cookies. The orange cookie looks interesting, it looked kind of pink though! Probably just my monitor!

caninecologne said...

The last time we were in Boston (2007), we tried the clam chowder at Legal Seafoods because it was hyped and that they were the ones who supplied the clam chowder for the presidential inauguration. I thought it was okay but not spectacular.

The dude at the soup shoppe didn't know what he was talking about. it seemed like he was saying that so i could feel that $2.50 was a bargain or something. The orange does look pink. I think it might have been the crappy lighting. :(