
This sign near the corner of Otay Lakes Road and Bonita Road has been on the curb for the past few months and it was time to finally give it a shot...
I believe, up until a few months ago, this little coffee shack was once known as the Perking Lot (a quick check on yelp shows The Perking Lots last review was made in early April of this year). It is now known as J.E.T.S. (which stands for Java, Espresso, Teas, and Smoothies).

I drove around the corner and actually bumped into someone I knew. I reparked my car so we could chat instead of staying in the "drive through" lane.

Their set up is cute (but not as kitschy as Meshuggah Shack in Mission Hills) ordering area...

There is also a cute little covered seating area...

This place gets good business since it's at a busy corner.

I had the pleasure of meeting the owner, who was a friend of the friend I saw there.
My drink order was the usual...an iced mocha, but this time, it was 'blended' instead of on ice.

Yes, like Austin Powers, I like to "live dangerously", ha ha.

I think I like the blended texture more, plus it refreezes better. Blended is the way to go now.

In the distance, you can see the Vons parking lot and the new facade of that strip mall (which contains Romesco's).
I will have to bring Bert here next time...

Other coffee drive through's I've been to:
Better Buzz" in PB
Cuppa Cuppa in Grantville
J.E.T.S. (Java, Espresso, Tea & Smoothies)
4502 Bonita Road
Bonita, CA 919102
(619) 512-9368
www.jetsespresso.com
It would be remiss of me to not include "Jet", one of my favorite songs by Paul McCartney...
"Jet! Wooo oooo ooooo!"
I still love Paul! Gotta love that 70's mullet!
I just saw online that JETS has a buy one get one free coupon for frappes, smoothies and lattes, so we will definitely be back in the near future!


No comments:
Post a Comment