"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Return to Luigi's, Golden Hill

The planets must be in alignment, or it must be the caffeine from my blended mocha from J.E.T.S., but I am just cranking out the posts, ha ha.

This afternoon, I took out TC and her friend Sherlock for lunch...

We hadn't been here in a while so it was high time for a revisit...

Lots of choices were available...all of them looked good (except for the plain one with cheese).

I saw this one had potatoes, bacon and cheese. Yes please.

Below that was pesto and olives.

The young tattooed guy working there complimented me on my Tokidoki bag. It turns out that he collects Tokidoki Marvel!  He used to work in a comic shop in Massachussetts and collected the blind box zipper pull items as well as hats and t-shirts.

I love it when guys like the Toki stuff (like my favorite waiter from Eclipse). They're usually young hipster guys or young gay guys.

Got the girls the 2 slices w/a soda. I just had two slices since I had my own water.

Bert, if he had gone, would've wanted his with BEER.

Our Frankenpizza:

Sorry for the orangey/reddish tint. We were sitting under a red umbrella outside.

Sherlock and I both got one of the potato, bacon, and cheese slices. My other slice had sausage and ricotta.

TC's Hawaiian (which was Sherlock's other slice) and her combo slice.

While this may have looked very good (and it was), it was too much of a good thing. Carbs on carbs yo'.  I think if the slice wasn't so big and if it had MORE bacon (heh), I would've enjoyed it more.

I really liked how firm the crust was here. The day before, my sister and I went went to Bronx (that post is forthcoming) and I really enjoyed that as well, although Bronx deserves repeat visits for further research.

The view from our table. Construction was going on across the street as well as nearby side street. Next to Jaroc Market was Krakatoa, a cute little coffee house.

One of the music bills posted on their window...

I've always loved the fonts for these bands. Those cool angles made for great doodling on my old Pee Chee folders in junior high and high school, scrawled with band logos like AC/DC, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Van Halen!

Previous visits to Luigi's (this location):
Our First Visit, November 2010
"Almost Bronx - Pizzeria Luigi's", January 2011

Dessert would be next so we would take the "scenic route" through North Park...

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh, potato slices on a pizza. I like the sound of that. And more bacon is always a good thing, haha. I might have to try a homemade version of pizza with potato slices. I've done mashed potato pizza and I like that, too. But I can see how it would be a carb overload!

caninecologne said...

HI Mary - I think I would have liked this better if the slice was smaller. This was a rare case of "too much of a good thing". I liked the mashed potato pizza at Urbn.