
I parked about a block away, right in front of the UPAC (Union of Pan Asian Communities) office. The last time I was in this area was at UPAC back in '93. Anyways, it's the same setup as North Park. I didn't take closeups of the pizzas in the case but man, I totally want to try each and every kind. The dudes working there were really cool and chill. The guy who helped me called me "Miss" as in, "Can I help you Miss?". I get a lot of "Ma'ams" but very few if any "Misses" so I'll take what I can get. Fkg A. I feel young again, haha.

TC grabbed a table by the side which was also near the front window. I wanted to be near the sun. The vibe here was pretty relaxed. I like how it's right in the neighborhood too, just a little down the street from the Turf Supper Club and the Golden Hill Cafe.

It only took about a minute for the guy to warm up our slices. We got just 2 slices each ($2.50 a slice) and no soda. We brought our own waters.

"Miss, your pizza's ready!" And with that welcome remark, I was up to grab our slices. These were TC's - the Hawaiian with pineapple and Ham and one with basil, tomatoes, and cheese.

Here's mine - the Olive Oil pesto with green olives and sliced sausage (this was so damn good!) and a repeat of the one I got several weeks ago, the Spinach with ricotta. You could taste the garlic infused in the cheese. The pizza crust was nice and thin the way I like it.

TC in her "grunge" outfit. Ha ha. It's 1994 all over again!

Since Bert wasn't with us (damn that thing called work!), I took home some slices to go. Here I am at home. Love the logo on the box - it's so badazz! [Fashion alert - the shirt I'm wearing is the K-Flag style by local company PNOY Apparel. The designs are based on the ones seen on the various Philippine Revolutionary flags, so don't think the KKK thing is the Klan, all right? It's for the Katipunan, the secret society aimed at overthrowing the Spaniards! I just realized you can also see my awesome giant Filipino fork and spoon set painted by Superman!]

Here's what I took home for our dinner. Yeah, pizza again, eh! From 12 o'clock going clockwise: pepperoni with artichokes and cheese, 2 slices of BBQ chicken (the dude gave me two because one got stuck and he didn't feel like separating them so yeah, cool! Free slice due to laziness!), spinach with sun dried tomatoes, the spinach with ricotta (again!), and lastlly at 9 o'clock, the 3 Meat combo (pepperoni, sausage and meatball). Yay! Free slice! The guy told me to heat it on BROIL for 1 minute.

"I must eat you!!!" (say that like Drago in "Rocky IV")

Here's another porntastic view of them slices there!!!

Who else ate at this location? (By the way, I don't know these bloggers; I just found their links through a google search)
Angelle from Chicks Who Chomp wasn't too into their pizza because it wasn't NYC enough for her.
Tuna Toast from Tuna Toast actually travelled 3 hours with her brother on a mini 2 day SD vacay to check out this place because it was on "Diner's, Drive-ins, and Dives" (Which I didn't even know! Guy Fieri irritates me).
Here's the bit from the show:
And lastly, here's a cool recent article from
"Pizzeria Luigi, a gem in Golden Hill" from examiner.com (November 10, 2010)
Based on Mary's recent post, we were going to pick up some cupcakes at Influx Cafe down the street on Broadway, but I passed it up by mistake and ended up getting slightly lost. So, instead of going back, TC and I headed home and bought dessert at Fresh 'n Easy instead - fruit pushups for her and coffee gelato for me and Bert.
Thanksgiving's tomorrow...so glad I'm just baking dessert! Happy Turkey Day folks!


3 comments:
Franken-pizza is my favorite type of pizza!
That's an great deal at $2.50 a slice but admittedly I'm turned off when I see a review done by Guy Fieri. That guy looks like he's from O.B. But he does find some good places to eat.
Have a great Thanksgiving C.C.!
Mmm I'm hungry! haven't been to this original location of Luigi's yet. Happy Thanksgiving CC!
hi darlene - ha ha, "that guy looks like he's from O.B."!!!!!!
i like that, "Franken Pizza". :) dude, it was dinner last night and breakfast this morning! off to my parents for more food!
hi dennis - happy thanksgiving to you too! i like this location as well and plan to return with my husband (so that way we can try more varieties) soon!
Post a Comment