"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Dessert with Astroboi @ H&H

Pleased with my purchase of my spiky brass knuckle clutch from the Spare Room,

Astroboi and I went to share some dessert at Bonita's favorite bakery just down the street...

Best known for their fruit strudels, Hans & Harry's also carries all sorts of cakes (I like their "bombes") and baked goods...

It's usually busy in here especially during the holidays. Today wasn't so bad.

Speaking of bee hives, one of the ladies working there rocks that hair style.

We wanted something sweet after our sushi lunch at Ono's Cafe

Here are 3/4 of our purchases...my cream filled chocolate croissant, Bert's Chocolate Slice (for later) and his lemon bar...

which he thought was a bit too tart. That is a candy lemon on top.

It was so tart that "it killed his taste buds". I think this would have been better enjoyed in a smaller dose because that piece was pretty big.

Astroboi also got something for his significant other (he hates the word "boyfriend"),  his favorite, the peanut butter bar.

My croissant which was gashed and filled with Bavarian cream.  I wished the chocolate coating on the croissant was thicker and that it was filled with chocolate mousse instead, but I'm not complaining! I would be working double time at the gym to burn this off, ha ha.

Besides their fruit strudel, I really like their heart shaped tea cakes with chocolate chips, their almond croissantsm and their Dobre Tort (to name a few, heh heh).

Most recent visits to Hans & Harry's:
MIL's Birthday" - May 2012
"One Dozen Down" - August 2012
"Bombed Twice" - September 2012
"Sugar Overload" - February 2013

Hopefully it won't be half a year before I see Astroboi again! It's cool knowing that we have been friends for over 30 years!

No comments: