
While Bon Epi may not be as crowded as 85C, it was still a place we had to visit...
Here are a few of the other restaurants near Bon Epi. I'm not sure if they were here last time.

The Kickin' Crab is new. It was something else last year and something else the year before that. As you can see by the banner, those were the reason I was excited to visit Bon Epi again. It had been too long!

I love the smell of these fresh breads and pastries...


They had macarons in every color and flavor combination...

Last time I was here, I got a box of six. I ended up getting ten. What's nice is that their boxes are only a mere .50 extra and they aren't cheap thin boxes. Rather, they are heavy, sturdy, and have elegant and colorful designs on them.

Our pastries to go - On the left was Cathy's 'Biscuit Cream', followed by my choices for Bert, Peanut Bread and Almond danish stick.

Last time I was here, I got him the pecan danish, which was like a twisted braid. He enjoyed this with his coffee.

The peanut bread for Bert and TC. You can see the chopped peanuts in the butter/sugar crust.

Here's that pretty box filled with macarons. It also comes in a robin egg blue for this size. Even their tissue paper has 'bon epi' prined on it.

The ten flavors that I got, although I have no idea what "new" flavor was.

Don't they look so pretty?

It took so much willpower NOT to eat any during our trip.

I really like their wide selection of flavors. Their macarons shells are so feather light and it is so satisfying biting into one. I know these are super sweet but it's not like I eat these everyday. My justification for the dozen, ha ha.
Cathy also bought a couple of macs herself - the white chocolate peach and the pistachio.

These would also be placed in our trusty coolers while we jaunted off to the next leg of our food adventure.
Previous visits to Bon Epi:
September 2011
May 2012
Update - As of 8/4...hot off the press, Cathy's post!
Next stop, donuts!


5 comments:
Oh those macs are so beautiful!! I'm not a big fan of macaroons but I'd give these a try for sure. Is Bon Epi in the same plaza as 85c? I love that plaza - there's so much stuff to try out. I just read your previous posts about this place - I'm going to have to make a special trip to try out their stuff. But do you think their breads are better than the stuff you get at that bakery inside Zion (well, the bakery in their old Zion location).
Oh that is a nice box for only .50 extra! I have to keep that in mind next time I visit.
Hi CC, I never knew about this place! There are so many stores in that plaza and I usually go straight to 85C. Next time I will have to check it out. The macarons are so pretty! Love the colors :)
The peach/white chocolate was kind of sweet, but the pistachio was perfect! The cream bun was nice and since we were here so early, missing the crowds and having a wide choice was a bonus. The Mister said we should have had a third cooler- for the hot items.
hi faye - yes, their macs are beautiful. they are better than the ones at big joy which pale in comparison. but then, these macs are nothing compared to the ones kirbie brought back from paris. omg!
yes, this is the same shopping complex as 85C. it's just across the parking lot. i haven't really bought too much of their breads. they are more "French" than the offerings at 85C. They are along the same lines as Paris Baguette.
hi kirbie - yes, i was pleasantly surprised about that. i had bought a box of six last time (it was a black square with hot pink curlicues on it) and didn't think of looking at the receipt. I use that box in my office. I will use this box in some shape or form. :)
hi jinxi - yes, there are so many places here. Upstairs is "The Balcony" which Kirbie has posted on, as well as Capital Seafood (dim sum)along with a revolving sushi place there which always seems to have lines out the door.
this shipping center also has an H-Mart.
hi cathy - i couldn't really taste much of the peach flavor. the pistachio was really good. i only had a bite. Bert will have the rest. i really like that it's not crowded at bon epi. you don't feel rushed or pressured to pick something out.
your husband has a good idea! next road trip, a 3rd cooler for sure! :)
Post a Comment