
We haven't been there since I signed up on their website and got a freebie coupon for one donut. Today's occasion was National Donut Day. I normally don't pay attention to these "Day of (insert food item here), but hey, you say, "free donut" of your choice, and I'm there!
There was a small line when we got there. The workers were giving everyone free "I (heart) Krispy Kreme" Donuts" stickers!

We noticed this posted on the door for a new flavor (seasonal?).

Their choices were actually quite limited. Many of the bars and other flavors, like banana, blueberry, strawberry, and so on were gone. Instead, other types of donuts were used to fill the trays which disappointed me. I'm sure hordes of people came in earlier and cleaned them out of the more "exotic" flavors.

Although TC and I each got our one free donut, I bought three more, one for each of us later on!

Our donuts - My chocolate creme filled, TC's Key Lime, a glazed lemon filled, New York Cheesecake (this was a new one for us), and a maple glazed for Bert.

There were two types of Key lime - the regular one (this one) and the Key Lime cheesecake which was already all gone.

TC really liked the glaze; I on the other hand, found it a bit too tart.

My chocolate glazed cream filled donut.

Chomp!

"Thank you Sir! May I have another?"

They are really emhasizing this flavor...

Bert also stopped by Krispy Kreme after work and got just his one free donut, which was the same as one I had. He said there were hardly any other varieties left. I should mention that this Krispy Kreme does not make their donuts at this location. Alldonuts are brought in. The other store is the one that makes them fresh .

Bert and I really like the New York Cheesecake, despite it's sweetness. The crumb topping was the graham cracker crust! Nice!

The creamy cheesecake filling was a bit lopsided, but still delicious.

TC and Bert finished this off earlier this evening.

This is the last donut standing, the lemon filled.

I was really hoping they'd have their Banana bar like last time.
Previous visit to Krispy Kreme:
March 2013
Related Donut Day posts:
"Happy National Donut Day" by Mary of This Tasty Life
"Visions of Donuts Dance in My Head" by Darlene of My Burning Kitchen
and Nat'l Donut Day: 10 Best Deep Fried Delights" by the Astronomer of Gastronomy
And let me yell it from the rooftops! It's finally summer vacation for me!
I'm so over this school year!!! Graduation has come and gone and now I can relax, sleep past 5 fucking 30, finish the 2nd and 3rd books (I'm skimming ahead, I must admit) of the Game of Thrones book series, and explore and revisit places to eat with TC and various friends!


4 comments:
Oh that was a nice post! I wanted to go to Krispy for the free donut but didn't have the time. I *thought* they were only giving out just a GLAZED donut! Are the Krispy's still open 24 hours? And that key lime donut looked pretty unique and sugary.
hi Faye, thanks! :)
I don't think the Eastlake branch is open 24 hours. The key lime cake donut was just okay. The cheesecake one would have been better.
I've been totally "donut'd" out with the "research" for my donut post so we didn't go and get our free donut, but that's okay. The only donut I like at Krispy Kreme is the original glazed so I don't feel like I missed out haha. I feel like all of Krispy Kreme's donut basically taste the same, with slight alterations to the topping.
The location in Clairemont isn't 24 hours anymore either and no more free samples. Boo hoo.
hi mary - i bet you are!!!! gosh, that's a LOT of donuts! ha ha!
I really don't eat donuts too much. I've only been to Krispy Kreme twice (Eastlake only) but have had their donuts thru fundraisers. I agree with you that their donuts are basically the same.
Thanks for the update about the Clairemont locale.
Mon Jun 10, 02:42:00 PM PDT
Post a Comment