"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Mignon once again

Also in the same vicinity of Old Pasadena was a cute little chocolate shop that I'd been to several times before.

It was just up the street and around the corner from 'Lette Macarons...

Mignon is just a few doors down from Tibet House, a Himalayan restaurant. I couldn't convince Cathy to try their "yak momos" (dumplings made with yak meat). Not even one, ha ha.

C'mon...next time right?

You'd think we were all sugared out? Well, yes, we were, but...

There's always room for chocolate, which are exquisitely assembled little flavor bombs. They are so beautiful that I don't even like biting into them. But then, I get over it and I do...with a vengeance.

I will "cheat" with this next photo and show an old photo because I forgot to take a shot of the TWO chocolates that I bought this day. Yes, just TWO, not SIX. The two I bought were the blueberry and passionfruit (top left corner and bottom right).

I thought Bert and TC would like these. So you see, I had some self control and didn't go entirely craz here. I have before though and I probably will again, but not this particular visit.

Cathy bought some chocolate covered mango strips (orange peel? or was it mango?). I'm sure she will post on this road trip eventually...

On our way out, we noticed this restaurant across the street...

Gosh, I'm not sure I'd want to eat at this place, ha ha. Turns out "Bad Sushi" is a chain, although why they'd want to be known as "bad" might not be a good marketing tool. Unless BAD is an acronym for something else? Eh.

Mignon Chocolate
6 E. Holly St.
Pasadena, CA 91103
(626) 796-7100

www.mignonchocolate.com

Previous visits to Mignon:
Early Feb 2010 and later that same month, plus...
April 2012 during the Epic Birthday Food Crawl with the Educator GF's

We had a little more than an hour left before the book signing. It was time to head back to the car. By the way, the city of Pasadena does collect parking meter fees on Sundays, dagnabbit.

I forgot to mention earlier, before we arrived at Euro Pane, we found "free" (cough, cough) parking at a bank's private parking lot. Well...the bank WAS closed and there was shade in a corner and there were only a few other cars parked there.  At least the car was still there, bottom line! Okay, that, and it was most likely illegally free parking. But I digress...

On to Vroman's...

4 comments:

Cathy Doe said...

I realized we hadn't taken photos of what we bought from Mignon also...must have been sugared out. Three dark chocolate dipped orange peels (which were *really* good) were mine. The parking meters are in "Old Pasadena" and there are signs for 1 or 2 hour limits the further East you go...

caninecologne said...

Yeah, I totally forgot to do it, so I used an older photo.

Cathy Doe said...

Best and Delicious Sushi... http://www.badsushi.net/

caninecologne said...

If it's really delicious, then they can call themselves Superbad Sushi! :)