
which was a gift from Cathy of Mmm-Yoso who dropped by today...
This was such an unexpected treat. I was initially surprised where she got this...
which was at the Costco Business Center in Kearny Mesa. After knowing that, it made sense since the area has a lot of Asian business and hence customers. I know that our Costco here in Chula Vista (east) doesn't carry this!

These were so cute! The last time we had something like this was as a topping for our shaved snow at Yogurt Swirl (which Cathy recently posted on). Sometimes you can buy mini mochi pieces at the Japanese stores in San Diego, but only one or two colors. In Little Tokyo, we saw a package of rainbow mini mochi at Mikawaya, which they also sell at Mochilato in Irvine.

They were so very soft! They didn't have much of a flavor though, but still, a nice little treat!

I liked the colors and that they were tiny and bite sized. Four piece is what I had. I exercised restraint here. TC shared some with her friends across the street. I wish our Costco sold this down here. I want to sprinkle these on ice cream!
Thanks again Cathy!


8 comments:
What a nice post to stumble on. I wanted to bring something in addition to the 'unavailable at your Costco' items and did know those mochi (they also sell the plain) aren't in the 'regular' Costco. (However, only 'your' Costco sells the GIANT (14 oz) bottle of Tajin). I like the Business Center for the different variety of items as well as the relative un-crowdedness.
Now I want to check out the Business Center! Well, our Costco also offers those spicy instant Korean noodles along with the giant Tajin bottles (which I haven't noticed before). I'm guessing their offerings are based on the local demographics.
That looks totally yum! After my Whole30, I want to grab some. I love Mochiko and Mochi ice-cream, so I'm sure I'd love that!
(On a different note, I'm wearing the earrings you made me in one of my recent outfit posts!)
xoxo
Cyrillynn
http://any2ndnow.com
Hi sigh - i like how soft the mini mochi's are.
yay! :) glad you like them.
They have this mini mochi at H Mart too - in the "Japanese" aisle. I bought some recently and just finally tried it last week! So cute!
Oh, I will have to look for that when I go!
Wow! Awesome! I became a mochi fan when I lived and worked in Japan for 2 years. I've never seen the mini mochi before! Cute!
Hi C - I'll have to get you some next time. :)
Post a Comment