Earlier that morning, I had a few errands to run and snapped this shot (while at a stoplight) at the intersection across the street from Southwestern College.

I love when the jacarandas are in bloom...
My car smelled like something died in it, so I had gone to JNC Pinoy Food Mart to buy one of those "My Shaldan" air fresheners.
I did that so that Astrboi wouldn't be subjected to the odor in my car. The "Lime" scent did it's job and luckily Astroboi survived the car ride.
Our reunion was to celebrate his belated birthday. I had a coupon to Ono's waiting to be used. This was actually a birthday gift from KD.

I hadn't been here in awhile so now was a good a time as ny to do a revisit, but this time with my childhood friend and total GBF.
\We decided to share some rolls...

One was a specialty roll (the Cali Love, listed below), while the rest were regular rolls (shrimp tempura, crunchy salmon skin and caterpillar).

We were feelin' it for drinks, so drinks we got - iced tea for him and lychee iced tea for me. This was very refreshing and sweet.

We shared a seaweed salad appetizer which had two different types of seaweed plus julienned cucumber in a light dressing.

Our rolls:

The ShrimpTempura - I liked the soy wrapper/skin.

We both liked the crunchiness of the salmon skin roll...

The Cali Love roll was really really good. Underneath all those toppings were two pieces. I actually thought it was one big one. There was octopus, fish, and scallops for the top and crab within. The toppings included masago, cucumer, green onions, and some sort of sweet sauce and panko crumbs. The roll was also baked, which we liked. Our waitress said it was one of her favorite rolls.

Haha, when we saw it on the menu, we both thought of this song:
Or was that just me?
The food, while delicious, was of course, secondary to the quality time spent with each other. It's not too often that we see each other and it was nice to celebrate both of our birthdays belatedly while getting caught up on the latest.
Previous visits to Ono's:
August 2007
February 2008
Our next stop for dessert was down the same road...


2 comments:
I HATE it when I get in my car and can't understand why it smells 'not normal' . What is My Shaldan? Is it an Asian air freshener?
I love how you always find coupons for restaurants! Is the Get 1 Free a website you can subscribe to - I get their mailers but not emails?
HI Faye, My Shaldan is an air freshener that I'm assuming is Asian, but I always find it at Filipino markets.
For Get 1 Free,I get the mailers too. However, for online stuff you do not need to subscribe. Just log on and print whatever coupons you want. However, the one I used for Ono's was a gift from a friend.
Post a Comment