"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day recap

This will be just a quick post.

This is how we spent Father's Day...

Lunch was Bert's choice...

The morning started off with this truly heartfelt and sentimental card, specially picked out by TC.

When you open the card, it reads, "See there are things more frightening than having me as your kid.   Happy Father's Day".

Nice.

Gee, I don't where she got her sense of humor. At. All!

Heh heh.

We used to get "normal" cards, then there was a phase where she picked cards that said, "Happy Farter's Day", mixed in with her handmade cards. This one was a bit, uh, graphic with the daisy duked 'n hairy assed redneck, but we thought Bert would find it mildly amusing.  The "zoosk" reference is from those Zoosk online dating commercials with that red heart thing.

I love the delivery of his last line at the very end...

This other commercial is also a favorite of ours. Funny thing...we were at Cafe Hue the other day and in the back of the cafe, they had two heart pillows with hands on them! Totally Zoosk heart friend looking!

Anyways...

No waffles or pancakes for breakfast. TC cooked up some Korean noodles!

Our bowls were topped with leftover shrimp, scrambled eggs (which TC made), as well as green peas and sugar snap peas.

Our lunch at The Barbecue Pit...

and our dinner at my parents later on that afternoon...

(Ha ha - See that brown ice bucket with the dogs on it? That's 40 years old!)

The complete run down to follow later this week.

Hope you all enjoyed the weekend and/or celebrated Father's Day either as a Dad or with your Dad(s).

Just watched the season premiere of HBO's "True Blood" (season 6).  Very very bloody!  I hate to say it, the show has somewhat "jumped the shark" with all that's happened over the past few years! That being said, I'll still watch it, but I think that "Game of Thrones" has edged this show out over my list of faves!

2 comments:

Faye said...

All the food looks so good! I found this amazing spicy Korean noodle seafood soup at HMart - it's sooo yummy AND they use fresh noodles (not the dry ramen kind). So I'll have to blog about it or show it to you for you try.

caninecologne said...

Thanks. Can't wait to see that fresh noodle soup. :)