
We made a quick stop at the corner of Linda Vista Road and Mesa College Drive....
It was still early enough and parking wasn't so bad.

After I snapped this quick shot, one of the elderly Asian gentlemen under the canopy came over and said with a smile, "Ohhhhh, you took a photo of me? How nice!". He was a such a sweet man.

The girls picked out their drinks...

I picked up this dumpling labeled as Banh Cau Cai. Later, I looked up what it meant and it was nothing like the ingredients said because it was supposed to be "fried turnip cake". This was a dumpling filled with pork and shrimp with a side of sweet fish sauce, which we later enjoyed.

We also made a quick stop at Pangea Bakery...mainly to use their bathroom (heh heh). I did buy a few pastry dessert items for me and the girls for later.

TC snapped this shot as we headed out of Kearny Mesa...

For our banh mi sandwiches, TC and I both had the #10 (grilled beef) and her friend who shall go by the name of Sherlock, had the #11 (grilled chicken).

Man, this hit the spot! I haven't had a banh mi in awhile!

Our pastries from Pangea. The hotdog bread for the girls had a red mark on the plastic, which indicates that it's buy one get one free. I forgot about that and the nice lady at the counter reminded me and gave me a "free" bread with cheese. Also included was a raisin milk bread slice s, a potato and bacon pinwheel puff pastry, and a red bean filled striped pastry.

Later that day, the girls finished off the potato and bacon wheel, the hot dog bread, AND half of the raisin toast! Oh yeah, and a quesadilla. Those girls are bottomless pits!

I had a small section of that red bean pastry which the tweens weren't keen on.
It was nice returning to the glider port (that will be a separate post) because this time, people were actually in the air and it was a nice and sunny day.


6 comments:
Ooh I love K Sandwiches. I actually like a lot of their pastries, too - especially the $1 cream cheese croissant. Sadly they're usually sold out of it haha. But their chocolate croissant and French bread are pretty good, too.
I like their pastries too but didn't get any that day. I think they might have raised their prices too. I could have sworn that the croissants were over a dollar, but I could be wrong.
Ohh, I'm going to K Sandwiches this week with my co-workers. I haven't been in awhile, but I loves me some cheap, delicious sammywiches. I've always liked their pastries, too! Good stuff!
The prices are good here Mary! Beware of taking pix inside. I got yelled at before, hence, the lack of photos inside. However, if you are stealthy, you can probably get away with it, haha.
Oh, if you haven't tried it before, try the Pate Chaud, it's in the case at the register. It's pork pate in a puff pastry shell. Only $1! They will warm it up for you too.
K Sandwich is a regular stop for an easy snack or meal-always fresh daily. Yes, they have raised the croissant prices (sometime earlier this year). If you see it in the steam tray, the chicken curry is *excellent*. Last time we went, there were fruit topped custard pastries on the counter...
Thanks for the rec on the chicken curry. I will have to try that next time! :)
Post a Comment