
"Best Pizza in America"????
We would soon find out if this claim was true or not...
Whenever I see "Best (blank) in (insert city or country here)", I think of Will Ferrell in "Elf" where he stumbles into a random coffee shop with a sign that says, "World's Best Cup of Coffee" and congratulates everyone in the store about it.

We got there right when they opened.

Since the weather was quite nice, we sat in the inner courtyard.
Our (I mean, MY) minds were already made up. We would choose two types of pizza. You may also see their menu online here:


View from our table.

Our pizzas:

This was the Hawaiian, chosen by the girls. Pineapple, ham, tomato sauce, and cheese.

The crust was thicker than what I'm used to, ever since becoming a fan of thin crust NY style. The toppings were quite thick as well.

Everything kind of slid off when you tried to pick up a slice.
The other pizza was their "Seafood" Pizza, which I found interesting. The sauce had lots of cheese and garlic. The seafood was shrimp, crab (real and fake), pesto sauce, and red onions.

I thought the sauce a bit too oily. I wish they used more real crab in this rather than the fake Krab.

The underside...

The pesto and red onions within...

Although we liked the pizzas well enough, they weren't enough to sway us to their claim of the "Best Pizza in America". They were all right but I didn't prefer the style of their crust. Their toppings were good, but it was so much, that it seemed quite a heavy meal to have more than two slices.

The folks working here were really really nice. Very attentive. But then again, we were the only customers for at least half an hour.

Our server was really nice and seemed happy that we ordered the Seafood Pizza which he said was one of his favorites. I'm glad that I had the two for one coupon as well.

It was time to take the trolley back down South again.
Pizza Bella
2707 Congress St.
San Diego, CA 92110
(619) 692-4333
pizzabellasd.com
Our next stop would be a quick looksee back to the Seaport Village area, a place we haven't been to in years since it's such a tourist trap!


2 comments:
Our favorite thing to get from Pizza Bella is the calzone, hands down. We've tried the pizza, but the calzone is just the best thing they have! It's HUGE and super cheesy and they put a garlic butter all over the outside. Sauce is on the side. If you go back, try the calzone!
Thanks for the tip Mary! That will give us a reason to give this place another chance. :)
Post a Comment