"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

An edgy find at The Spare Room

After our lunch at Ono's, Astroboi and I popped over next door at this consignment shop...

I'd been there a few months ago and ended up getting a orchid cordury pair of jeans here. It looks better than it sounds. But I told him, I just wanted to "look"...


The gal who owns this place has been in business here for at least 5 years. It's right next to Ono's Cafe and House of 9 Dragons. She is a fellow Filipino American with a really good eye for fashion finds. The stuff she carries is high quality name brand items. It's not Buffalo Exchange or Goodwill prices here, but you will find some good deals especially if an item hasn't sold in two months, they are marked down. Such as this silver cluth with pyramid studs. It was going for half off, so it was $16 instead.

I asked her to put it aside because I wasn't sure if I would get it.

She also had a really cool vintage section. I admired this custom made maxi dress. It wasn't really my style, but I really loved the 3/4 bell sleeves. The dress was a vivid peacock teal print and had a tie sash in the back.  There were a few other really unique pieces that she had but they weren't my size and weren't really practical (ex: this floral silk halter dress was a bit too risque, but it had such a lovely pattern).

After debating over the silver purse, she mentioned that she had ANOTHER purse that she didn't put out on the floor because it was "too dangerous", which of course piqued my attention. She said the spikes might hurt someone if the purse were to fall by mistake.

Here it is:

I really loved it. The size is a bit small, but it would fit your essentials, like lipstick, credit card, and phone but probably not a camera. The label was by Handbag Republic (never heard of them before). The outer covering was woven strips of black leather (or was it pleather?). Inide was an attached chain strap, which would be great for me because if I just had to carry this around via the brass knuckles, I would be very prone to leaving it somewhere and forgetting about it.

This purse was 24%, 25% off of $20, making it $15, one dollar cheaper than the silver studded clutch. This seemed much more unique and it was a color I could live with.

I love how this looks!

Dayummmmm!

Astroboi helped me to decide on this and thought this style was more appropriate for me, ha ha.

The Spare Room
4148 Bonita Road
Bonita, CA 91902
(619) 479-8911

www.spareroomconsignment.com

This was such a cool find and I can't wait to use this bag.

2 comments:

Faye said...

Oh that purse is bad a**!! It's like you'll be ready for a 'gurl fight' any time, any day :)

How did you get the additional 24% off the purse?

caninecologne said...

yeah, i really like it even though it's too small to fit everything i normally carry in my regular purse. i hope i never have to "use" those spikes, ha ha.

The store is a consignment shop, so people bring their items in to be sold for 60/40 (customer takes home 40% of sale). If the item sells within a month, then they get 40% of the selling price. If the item doesn't sell within one month, it is marked down to 25%. If not in two months, then the markdown is 50%.