
which turned out to be a drive through. There are actually two locations of Better Buzz Coffee (the other is on Mission Blvd and is a brick and mortar coffee joint). So, back we went to the car so I could experience my first coffee drive through...
I was going to get my usual...


But saw that, like Philz Coffee in Berkeley, Better Buzz also offered a Mint Mojito, so that is what I ordered.

I'd read good things about the Hazelnut Divinity as well, but I was curious to compare the Mint Mojito iced coffee...

The line didn't move as quickly as a fast food joint...but it moved soon enough.

No mint in the iced cups, I see.

In the back is a tiny area to sit. There are also a few tables inside for walk up customers, which I didn't know of earlier. They also sell pastries here.

I would end up sipping my iced mint mojito on the way home...

It was quite milky and did not have any real mint leaves inside the cup or on top as a garnish. I also opted not to have whipped cream on the top of this.

I'm guessing the mint flavor comes from an extract and not real mint?

I'll have to try one of their iced mochas one of these days and/or the Hazelnut Divinity iced drink. This wasn't really that minty of a drink but it was still refreshing.
Better Buzz Coffee
1909 Garnet Ave
San Diego, CA ZIP
PHONE
betterbuzzcoffee.com
Here's a short video I found of Better Buzz Coffee on a San Diego morning show:
As I mentioned earlier, I didn't know until I walked up to it that this place was a drive through. I got it mixed up with the other place called Better Buzz Coffee - The Lab.
I don't know if I'd order coffee from a car again though. I like the whole going in, seeing the place and sitting down experience instead of rushing it in my car, but that's just me. I wonder if other coffee joints in SD also offer iced mint mojitos...time for more research!


No comments:
Post a Comment