"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Katy's Cafe

TC had a super early dentist appointment today. I thought it would be nice to travel across town for breakfast...

So off we went to IB...


to use up a coupon for Katy's Cafe I had burning a hole in my purse. We'd always pass by this little place but it was about time to try it out...

Katy's Cafe is located in a newer business/apartment complex just a few steps away from the beach and a few blocks from the IB Pier.

We'd seen other seaside city's piers during our most recent road trip and I was homesick to try our local (well, local for us Chua Vistans) pier in IB. We love the relaxed vibe in IB.

We both ordered breakfast croissant sandwiches and drinks...


As soon as we stepped in here, we loved it immediately. The decor was so cute - lots of local art and photographs of surfers and lots and lots of beachy decor as well as mermaids galore.



Even the bathroom was fully decorated in an "under the sea" motif, complete with a coral reef and reeds...


TC had an smoothie with the fruit they had on hand, Peaches, Strawberries and Bananas while I had my iced mocha (I forgot to ask for no whipped cream)...

The specials are named after customers, thus TC's sandwich was called "Al's Cali King" which had cheese, eggs, bacon and avocado. I had the "Classic Fowler" which included sausage patties, eggs, and cheese.

The croissants were warm, flaky, and toasted!

I can' resist breakfast sausage!

The view from our bar height table. If you go out through the back door, you are literally steps away from the beach.

Katy, the owner wasn't there that morning, but her young staff was so friendly and attentive.

The vibe was so relaxed here and it was nice to support a local business.

The music was also good, 91X! We heard Foo Fighters ("Everlong") and Nirvana ("Come As You Are") and some other bands that I enjoyed...

What a cute little place this was! I'm so glad we decided to come here!

Katy's Cafe
704 Seacoast Dr.
Imperial Beach, CA 92013
(619) 863-5524

www.katyscafeib.com plus their FB page

The sun was beginning to really warm up the beach. We took a quick walk on the pier before heading out to try our luck at a local donut shop...

2 comments:

Mary said...

Aw, this looks like a really cute spot! Love the paintings/decor and the surfer vibe going on. The sandwiches look good, too!

I've been trying to use more of my Entertainment coupons but everything seems like it's so far away from where I'm going, haha. Maybe I'll challenge myself to all-day Entertainment book coupon tour!

caninecologne said...

I like this shop and will probably go again before my vacation is over. i would go here even without a coupon! :)

Whenever TC and I go out, we try to use the coupon book. Just beware that some of the places might not exist anymore, so always check first to see if they're still in business.