
I'm doing candy duty tonight, along with TC....
Some cute shirt shirts I saw at Target...

This was for kids, so no adult sizes. Bummer.

We got our pumpkins at Sprouts this past weekend.

Bert contemplating whether his design will fit on this one.

TC and I saw these neat pink pumpkins...

These were around $11 EACH. Uh, we'll pass!

Last night, TC and Bert were hard at work utilizing their mad pumpkin carving skills...

Bert's design. He didn't incorporate the text. It wouldn't fit and it would take too long and the pumpkin wasn't big enough.

For those of you that don't know his design, it's Luke Cage (aka Powerman), a 70's era black Marvel superhero. His character inspired actor Nicholas Cage to adopt "Cage" as his stage name rather than Nicholas Coppola (as in Francis Ford Coppola's nephew).
Here's a vintage cover:

This is the design I picked, which I saw from The Stylish Geek's post The Five Day Pumpkin Challenge where she carved several pumpkins as centerpieces for a wedding, of all occasions!

You can get the stencil template here.
Poor Bert. He was up all night until the wee hours of morning carving my design first before doing his.

Thank you Bert! You're the best husband ever!
Here are a few cool shots that Bert took last night in the laundry room, haha.


Bert found this image of Luke Cage to his liking...

He was pretty happy with how this turned out...


TC did a great job with hers. It took her awhile to do the mouth.

It wasn't quite dark just yet but I wanted to light them up before the kids starting coming in droves.

Bert said the nose didn't come out quite like the stencil, but this was still quite recognizable as Voldemort.

Bert was so happy when one teen boy said he loved the last pumpkin. When I asked him, "Do you even know who that is?", the teen (who had a cool homemade costume, but the way, made with cardboard and PVC pipes) said, "Yeah, I'm a big Marvel fan! That's Powerman!"!

Here they are on our ghetto-ey patio chairs (which were previously encrusted with dirt and that Bert had to hastily clean off earlier this evening)...

The candy that we gave out...the good stuff!

None of that Smarties or Tootsie Roll crap!
Previous Halloweens:
2012 - "Carve This" - Chewbacca, bats and Thanos (a Marvel character)
2011 - the lips and fangs logo from "True Blood", The Vision (a Marvel character), and Boo from "Monsters Inc."
2010 - Eric Northman from "True Blood", howling wolves, and a spider
2009 - Singing ghosts, a haunted house, and a spider in its web
.


7 comments:
I love how your pumpkins came out!
All three pumpkins look great! We bought various squashes and just scattered them in the front yard-and can leave there until ready to use for a meal- I'd like to get one of those 'fancy' pumpkins and plant the seeds for next year. Everything should be on sale today...
Thanks Kirbie! :)
Cathy, thanks! Bert did a really great job.
SWEET CHRISTMAS! I'm impressive and it shows that Bert spent a lot of time working on your pumpkin.
hi darlene - thanks. i'll have to make an effort to do my own pumpkin next year. turn your expectations down. way down, for mine, ha ha.
Those pumpkins are super rad! Bert and TC did such a great job!
hi mary - totally rad, eh! ha ha! Thanks, I'll let the husband and kid know!
Post a Comment