"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Friday, October 04, 2013

Chico's Bakery

A few blocks north of Sweet Sisters is yet another Latino owned bakery...

one that we hadn't been to yet...

It's almost at the end of Third and E. When you see the pink sign with the Art Deco letters, you are there. There are several doors leading to various rooms (cake displays, supplies and the bakery). We went through the last door.

In addition to making special occasion cakes (weddings, quinceaneras, birthdays, etc), they also made traditional pan dulces.

There was a wonderful scent in the air.

There are several large cases filled with Mexican sweet breads (pan dulces)...

They had quite the selection...even more than La Concha panaderia, which is right around the corner on E St. and Landis.

I only got one pastry here since I bought quite a few earlier at Moreliana.

Here is the veiw from the front door. YOu can seet hat they also sell Mexican snacks, candies, and chips like Takis.

Dennis bought one of their tamales (chicken, I think it was). I will have to come back next time to try their tamales.

My lone purchase - apineapple cream cheese pastry (trust me, it's in there). I had a few bites later that day, but Bert enjoyed it the next morning with his coffee.

It was a good way to end our day at a few bakeries.

Chico's Bakery
216 Third Ave
Chula Vista, CA 91910
(619) 691-6386

www.chicosbakery.com and their facebook page

We had one last, albeit unplanned stop at a new ice cream shop across the street...

2 comments:

Cathy Doe said...

This was another great place to find out about. Also got only one pastry (cream filled) and it was really good.

caninecologne said...

hi Cathy - yes, yours had Bavarian Cream inside. I will have to try that one next time!