Heading west on Palm, I'd told Dennis and Cathy about this food truck that we always pass by but never stop at. It was high time to finally put an end of "just looking" and actually stopping by.

It's located in the parking lot of a nightclub, the newly opened South Bay Lounge, which used to be the Honey Ko night club.
It looked like the truck was open for business...
One thing about these taco trucks, I like that they don't have twitter or some bullshit facebook page that tells a different location where to find them every damn day. Screw that. I don't want to have to "search" for my meal in some random neighborhood. No, these taco trucks are pretty much parked in a certain spot every damn day. Easy to find. Like it should be. It was there last time? It'll be there again. Not like those other food trucks where you have to "follow" them, for cripes sake. I'm not into "the thrill of the chase" or whatever. Aaaargh. Ok, rant over.
Here's the view from the parking lot which shared space with a recycling center. Across the busy street is a dried up part of San Diego Bay...

A tent was there to provide much needed shade, along with a table and a few chairs.

Yes, it's "Isaac", not "Isaa" (the "c" must have rubbed off)...


Prices were a bit hard to read since the first digit number was a dark blue, blending in with th black background.

Again, we were eating "light". A tostada for me and a .99 fish taco each for Dennis and Cathy.

Service was fast and friendly here with each customer receiving a cup of consomme.

which I found to be a bit too salty for my tastes. It had a lot of celery and onions in it, making this one of the more chunky consommes I've had.

The view of downtown San Diego with the graceful blue arc of our Coronado Bay Bridge in the foreground...

Our mariscos - my tostade de camaron (shrimp tostada) and the fish tacos...

My shrimp tostada ($3.25) was chock full of tender shrimp and mixed with fresh tomatoes, onions, lime juice, cilantro avocado slices (which was great!) and some Tajin powder flecked cucumbers.

This was one of the best tostadas I've had! The shrimp were plentiful, plump and tender. Very nice here. I'm definitely coming back with Bert and TC next time.
Mariscos Isaac (in the parking lot of the South Bay Lounge)
1467 Palm Ave
Imperial Beach, CA 91932
(619) 710-5907
There is no website but here are some reviews:
yelp
tripadvisor
Our next stop would be back in south Chula Vista, back to the Mexican bakery that I'm currently obsessed with...


3 comments:
The food here was excellent.Glad I tried yours; will get it next time. I agree about the consume-too salty.
hi cathy - i'd like to try more of their other items, like octopus and ceviche...
Oh, an the marlin and governador too!
Post a Comment