"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Once again! Honey Toast obsession...

Even though we had a tiny bit of halo halo from our friend's retirement party, we  were really craving the honey toast here...

I swear, the luck of the Honey Toast gods was upon us. We were able to find parking right in front and it wasn't even crowded inside, which was great...

See the line? That's a short line...

But really, we did score not just on parking, short lines, but also on the quick service...


There were five adults, Bert, myself and the Educator GF's (TORC, KD, and D) and two teens. The adults shared three different honey toasts. As they should (haha), they let me order.

Looks like the one with strawberries got a little messed up.

TORC hadn't had this type of dessert before and she seemed to like the variety I chose. Each bite, she said, was decadent. This was a recreation of the toast that I had last week (sans chocolate chips) with KDB - coffee ice cream, almonds and condensed milk. There wasn't any fancy orange whipped cream designs or chocolate sauce designs though.

This was kind of a boring one, but D seemed to really like it. This had vanilla ice cream with kiwi slices and condensed milk.

The third honey toast had that fab and photo friendly green tea ice cream, strawberries and condensed milk. No pretty strawberry fruit sauce designs here either. Maybe they didn't feel like doing extra decorations that night.

The ladies had their coffees, while D had a huge mug of Earl Grey. This was Bert's peppermint mocha, which didn't really have much of a peppermint taste. Their coffee drinks here aren't that great, but I like their desserts much more.

The teens got an item on the menu board that intrigued them. Here's a photo from a previous post to refresh our memories...

They wanted to try the Cotton Candy & Ice Cream dessert.

Two scoops of ice cream of their choice were hidden beneath a mountainous puff of plain white cotton candy. On the side was a tear drop shaped sauce of white chocolate (the other choices were chocolate and dark chocolate)...

They also got a smoothie and a coffee (which TC got mistaken because they thought it would be like a frapp but it wasn't so Bert helped her finish it).

This was a strange dessert in my opinion, but of course, the girls loved it. They can eat anything #$%@! Those young 'uns!

This was a great way to end the night especially with Bert, TC and our good friends.

Previous Honey Toast madness:
"Happy Hour at Up2YouCafe" - October 13, 2013

Am I over this obsession yet?  Not quite, but I'll probably need to take a break from having this so I don't get sick of it, ha ha!

2 comments:

Jinxi said...

Wow, I haven't been back here in a long time since I started making honey brick toast at home. Might have to come in and check out some of those new menu items. The cotton candy looks really good, if not only because of my nostalgia for childhood, haha!

caninecologne said...

hi jinxi- i should make my own honey brick toast - i just need to find a place that sells the uncut loaves. every place i've been to, the loaf is already pre-sliced and they are too thin.

the cotton candy with ice cream dessert was neat to look at but way too sugary for me.