While looking for Halloween candy decor at Target, we saw this freaky eyeball mask.

Why???? Who would buy this? Never mind, I don't want to know!
And strike me down for not liking pumpkin flavored products, but I am just sick of pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin...

It feels even sacrilegious for me to even admit it, but I just don't really like the spices they use in pumpkin pie like cinnamon and nutmeg. Makes me wanna...
Anyways, this post has some random pix I've gathered from the past two months...
All this crap will be 50% off on Friday.

I did buy some of these mini Milky Way caramel apple candies. They're not too bad actually.

Gummy tongues or fangs anyone?

Gummy candies like this don't seem very appealing to me. They look kinda cool but taste-wise, I don't know.
Hipster pumpkins?

I swear, that moustache trend is just so OVER!
These sour fruit strings were packaged like meat in styrofoam trays.

I took this shot back in mid-September. Little did I know that "pumpkin spice" M&M's were a much sought after flavor. I didn't buy any of those or the candy corn colored (not flavored) ones.

These shirts were from Walmart...

So cute, I could just fart rainbows!
I liked the black t-shirt design.

Ingredients for TC and Sherlock's brownie graveyard.

And here they are...I can feel a cavity coming on just looking at this!

The girls had fun with the marshmallow ghosts, Wilton's color gels, various candies and cut up Twizzlers (thanks Kirbie for those!). They used cookies and cream Hershey bars as "gravestones".

Who says it needs to look realistic? These teens are candy/sugar fiends. To be young again and not have to worry about metabolism, haha.
These banners advertising the annual "Boo Parade" are up every year in the College Area. This is off the corner of College and El Cajon Blvd.

They have the classic monsters on the banners.


Various products seen at Walmart, like this Mexican candy called Kranky,

what I think is a new Pringles product, Stix (didn't buy any that day)...

and in the impulse purchase candy section, rootbeer float flavored gum.

Ugh!
I remembered seeing this place on Jamacha (in Spring Valley) while on the way to MFH's house. The "Filipino Food" sign caught my eye months ago. I didn't know until I got to the front that Morrison Market is now closed.

It's on a road littered with car repair shops, various small markets, including a Mercado International (much smaller than the one in Chula Vista), fast food joints. It was so random seeing a Filipino place way out here so I was disappointed it was no longer in business.
Can you believe it'sbeen 20 years since the inception of Beavis and Butthead? This shirt was seen at the Forever 21 in North County Fair (during our excursion to Escondido earlier this month).

Soon to be seen on an oblivious teenager who wasn't even born when the raunchy series debuted.
Bert thought this sweatshirt was totally him.

Wow, talk about negative. As seen at the local mall...

(there's an "Office Space" reference in there with the "T.P.S. Report", hahah)
Who cares if it's not Halloween yet! Michael's has their Christmas ornaments already! Some of these were food related. I kind of like the bacon and eggs ornament!

Not much of a video game player, but they actually have a game controller ornament!

TC liked seeing the different kinds of "Duck Tape".

Haha, I spy the Biebs and Spongebob amongs Spiderman and the Union Jack.
Only at Target (it says so on the box)...

OMG. No. Just No.
These cereals only come out during October. Two for $5 at Target!

Looks like Boo Berry is the most popular flavor! Those should be in the middle shelf, not Count Chocula!
They even resurrected these hardly seen flavors:


Ah, dinner!

This cool but pricey headband ($15.95, ouch) with feathers and a glittery skull was seen at The Grove, an eclectic store next to the Daily Scoop ice cream place on Juniper St. in South Park. I really liked this but didn't want to spent that much money for it!

Plus it's not like I would wear this everyday, so...PASS.
A skull topped mannequin also in South Park; it was one of the displays in front of Bad Madge, one of the cute little stores on Fern St.

Billboard somewhere in North Park advertisting Depeche Mode's concert, so this was pre September 22. For a great and comprehensive review of the concert, please check out local fashion/style blogger Cy's post on the DMconcert.

These cupcakes were made by TC and KDD sometime during the Fall break. More fun with candy and the glitter gels.

I liked how TC put drops of the gel on the tips of the candy corns.

This was her friend KDD's batch:

The cupcake flavor was lemon because that's all I had in the pantry.



As seen in the cheapo trinkets section in Target (under $3 I believe), a turkey hat.

Again...why?
Halloween is coming up in a few days. We bought our pumpkins and are still trying to figure out the designs. I'm still debating on my costume as well. Nothing new, just something I've worn before. I can't believe October is almost over!


4 comments:
GREAT compilation...things I've also seen, but didn't photograph. The Pringles sticks look interesting, but I hope to find them on sale. I have to have *one* pumpkin spice flavored thing a year...and one egg nog.. and one chocolate peppermint. Then, I'm done. Oh, and the turkey hat...no
Thanks Cathy! And i didn't even take pix of all the pumpkin crap at Trader Joe's. I can't wait til they're all gone.
the only few pumpkin things i've liked were the emapanadas from moreliana and the one my friend's mom made.
it's funny when i snap those random shots of products at the stores. sometimes i get wierd stares but i don't care that much anymore.
OMG. That was an epic post. I personally love pumpkin (but only in breads and maybe cookies - I don't like em in pies). But your photos were great.
And you can just FART rainbows?!!! HAHAHAHAHHA
I'm embarrassed to tell you how much I love Hello Kitty though. Makes me wanna jump in the car and go to walmart to track down those shirts :(
hi faye - thanks! :) i don't totally hate pumpkin, but right now i am so over it.
i like hello kitty too! those shirts were for kids, so they were too small for me. i checked the sizes, no way i could fit. :(
Post a Comment