"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Surprise from Coop's

[This location is now closed as of 2014]

(A semi-guest post by Bert meaning photos by Bert; text by me)

A few nights ago my husband was in the area...


picking up my brother's vacuum that we borrowed. One of the parts broke so he found a shop out in Chula Vista to fix it...

Well, since this was nearby...

Bert decided to pay Coop's West Texas BBQ a visit!

One of our friends also posted a video on facebook featuring the owner asking folks to come and support Coop's.

It was later in the afternoon. The dinner crowd hadn't arrived yet.



Bert picked up some smoked ribs with two sides for us to share later that night for dinner.

There ya go. Red beans and rice, pork ribs with sauce on the side, and collards with cabbage (that was the first time I've seen that combination and I wonder if they are trying to stretch out their greens by using cabbage?).

Mmmm, so good....

This was such a pleasant and thoughtful dinner surprise...

Having these ribs again reminded me just how much we really like Coop's style of bbq. The meat is smoked perfectly and it's not screwed up by slathering loads of crappy sauce on it like some places.

Previous visit to Coop's in Chula Vista:
February 2013

I'm so glad this location is close by! We'll make sure to visit again sooner rather than later.

2 comments:

Jinxi said...

Mmm I love Coop's. Still yet to check out the Chula Vista location, though. I can't decide which one is actually closer to me, Lemon Grove vs. CV... hahaha

caninecologne said...

hi jinxi - i think both locations are equally as far, which kinda sux.