"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Birthday dessert for TORC @ Eclipse

We had such a fab time sampling Russian and Georgian cuisine at Kafe Sobaka and now we were ready to move on to dessert...

which was only a few minutes away in neighboring South Park...

None of the other Educator GF's had been to the new location of Eclipse yet. My first visit to Eclipse back in 2008 was with TORC, so this was like coming full circle for both of us.  Below, the brunch menu which we didn't utilize.

Our four desserts which were shared...

KD thought the pix would look better with the teal napkin underneath, hence the teal explosion.  This was the muscovado brownie chosen by TORC, the belated birthday celebrant.

D chose this meringue disk which was filled with peanut butter and topped with cocoa nibs.

I chose the dulce de leche chip cookie...

while D ordered the pumpkin cheesecake topped with muscovado sugar.

Of all the desserts, I liked the dulce de leche cookie the best. I was not a fan of the pumpkin cheesecake cupcake. Something about pumpkin and the spices used are not appetizing to me. On the other hand, the other ladies enjoyed sampling all of the desserts. There was a bit of variety with the brownie, the crisp meringue, the sweet cookie and the cupcake.

TORC's cappucino...

Both D and KD ordered coffee, which they later doctored up with their particular formulas of cream and sugar, ha ha.

I got my favorite drink, the Sea salt caramel mocha which they served with two homemade marshmallows.

I love how rich and thick this drink is...

My favorite waiter was there, the one who LOVES and is obsessed with fairytayles, Disney and Tokidoki.  Unfortunately we didn't have him as our server, but a woman instead. Drinks were served later than we liked. We were halfway through our desserts and dying for coffee. Other than that slight glitch, everyone had a good time at Eclipse.

Last year's birthday dessert for TORC was at Sweet Sisters Bakery in Chula Vista since we couldn't find the David Bocce chocolatier shop in Mira Mesa (dagnabbit).

Previous visits to the new Eclipse:
February 2012 - the Grand Opening
March 3013 where I had brunch with Darlene and Cy
April 2013 - ,my belated bday dessert with MFH
June 2013 - where Bert used his "free" brunch coupon that he won from their grand opening contest

Next birthday is D's in January. As per usual, the ladies will once again let me choose the lunch and dessert venue. I've got a few months more to figure out what cuisine and/or culinary adventure for us to explore...

No comments: