We had to go here again...

It's been a year since we were last at Cophenhagen, a bakery serving real Danish pastries...

they should win an award for their stylish storefront. It was still early in the morning with many fresh pastries to choose from...
I didn't remember seeing these morning rolls last time and regretted not getting one or two this time. They look so cute and are just begging to be slathered with butter or jam.


Their coffee station and bookcase with Danish mementoes and decor.

This was the box we brought home for ourselves. Yes, my eyes were big, but not even an hour later, several of these were already, uh...inhaled.

The laminated pastry dough is so light, buttery and flaky and made even better with additions of almond paste, fruit jam, almonds and chocolate. We bought a raspberry danish, a diamond, a Napoleon hat (which was pure almond paste dipped in chocolate), a Kransecake, coffeebread (kind of hidden under the Napoleon hat), a nougat crown, and a Copenhagen and the triangular Almond Mazarinand and the almond topped Spandauer

I wish I could have had two of these!


This Napoleon Hat was just the perfect small bite.
Another perfect bite, or two was the Kransecake and the Coffecake. They both had almond paste in them. Of the two, I liked the coffee cake better because it had a lovely crisp, but chewy texture. Bert and I shared these while heading down the freeway.


I bought this full loaf of rye bread as a gift for Cathy and her Mister.

I was happy to see that Cathy and her Mister made a stop at Copenhagen on their way back from the first Rose Parade road float test late last month (they enjoyed a loaf of rye bread once more along with two pastries, the Spandauer and Kringle; both excellent choices).
Previous visit to Copenhagen:
December 2015
It's evident that the beautiful pastries here taste as good as they look. I'm going to have to try that rye bread for myself next time! It would taste so good with ham and cheese!


No comments:
Post a Comment