"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Return to Tom's Farms

Taking the 15 down to San Diego, I knew we would be passing by Corona...

which has Tom's Farms, a good stop for a quick stretch and also a looksee for snacks or a bite to eat...

They had craft vendors here before you hit the pony rides...

We made sure to stop in the candy shoppe. TC wanted to get some sour gummies.


I picked up three new Pez, Superman (the Henry Cavill version; this Pez dispenser totally dow NOT look like him), the new Wonderman and the new Batman (you can't tell it's the Affleck version since his face is obscured anyways). These were obviously capitalizing the newly released "Batman vs. Superman" (which our friend Superman did NOT like at all). Bert hasn't seen it yet so...

Bert bought a package of Jerky here (sea salt honey & pepper flavor)...

Fruit that was on it's way out, a buck-a-bag!

Simpsons and the Happy Bunny energy drinks. For the record, I've never tried any type of energy drink. I've sniffed Red Bull and it smells like medicine. How could people drink this shit is beyond me.

We also stopped in here to get some wine and cheese (it was Valentine's weekend after all).


What....the...

Next to our car was this fine chainsaw carved wooden bear. Bert had a nice chat with the owner who was working on strapping it down in his truck bed. He paid $700 for this and was planning to put it in his front yard. Yep. His front yard. I think he lived out in the country side or something. I can't really picture this in the suburbs.




We had some of this on the drive down and it was pretty good I must say! Sweet and salty and peppery at the same time.

Who else went to Tom's Farms?
Cathy of mmm yoso went here a few years ago after a float road test, "Tournament of Roses Paradd road test #6 plus breakfast at Lucky Boy (Pasadena), lunch at Tom's Farms (Corona)"

Previous visit to Tom's Farms:
September 2013 when Cathy and I had an epic road trip...(this post links Cathy's post from 2009).

It was a fun but short road trip. Hopefully, we can do another revisit to the Pasadena/SGV area with more time to explore...

No comments: