
The view from the 5 near National City (past the Palm Reader sign). we were on an errand which would bring us to Fashion Valley...
Taking the off ramp to get to the 8, traffic was smooth sailing all the way. This was pretty good considering it was a little after 4 pm.

After our errand, we got a few drinks here. Funnily enough, the drinks we got were the same ones we always get.

The iced mint mojito for me and the hazelnut divinity for Bert.

I guess old habits die hard. If TC was with us, she would have ordered her Chai Tea latte. She likes Better Buzz's version the best.



Taking the 163 back to the 5...approaching the Cabrillo Bridge (which connects 6th Avenue/Uptown on the north side to Balboa Park on the south side).

Lots of dramatic clouds that day...

The lighting was just magical. It was early evening but not dark yet. The spire on the left is the pink Calvary Baptist church near the Cesar Chavez Blvd exit.

My "favorite" sign in National City (the "Palm Reader" off Main St) had a golden glow thanks to the peeking sun. I loved seeing the dark clouds contrasting with the brilliant white storm clouds.

The tide was high at the Sweetwater River by the 54 (which divides National City and northern Chula Vista)....

San Miguel Mountain was under cloud cover...

We were going to pick up TC at the mall, so we took the 125 from the 54. Raindrops were starting to fall despite a few patches of sunlight.

Thank goodness for our FastPass transponder. We use it for the 125 but have also used it to our benefit in the Bay Area.

Earlier today, we stopped by Pavaraga coffee in Bonita. We hadn't been here since last Fall when they opened. Although the sign simply says "Pavaraga", a yelp search shows that they have now renamed themselves Pavaraga Hawaiian Espresso Bar and that another location is set to be in Pacific Beach (not yet opened). I remember one of the workers telling us they were supposed to open another coffee place in Hillcrest. Maybe that fell through and they took up PB instead.


I was excited to see this.

I liked that they offered vanilla syrup and honey for their coffee (will have to try that next time).

The original TJ Oyster Bar is just a few doors down.

Bert's Ka'u pourover...

Hmmm, spiked coffee.

My Ka'u cold brew as an iced mocha with almond milk ($5):


This is one of my favorite coffee drinks...

(story of the Velveteria shirt featuring Marlon Brando's Tahitian wife here; Bert has his shirt and I have mine)
Man, was this coffee potent!
"Computer Blue" from the "Purple Rain" movie/soundtrack. Enjoy while the videos are still up. I'm surprised this is even up on youTube.
"Wendy...."
"Yes Lisa..."
"Is the water warm enough?"
"Yes Lisa..."
"Shall we begin?"
Previous visit to Better Buzz (Fashion Valley kiosk)
May 2015
Previous visit to Pavaraga
September 2015
I have to say that the cold brew at Pavaraga is quite excellent and smooth. I'll have to try the cold brew flight next time to sample their other varieties. I've been stuck on the Ka'u because it's so smooth!


No comments:
Post a Comment