
This was the second of such trees that we visited...
Known as the Chandelier Drive Thru Tee, it is located in the small NorCal town of Leggett along the Avenue of the Giants. It will cost you $5 for the privilege.


We waited patiently for our turn because pretty much every car that drives through will take photos galore (us included). Most people are pretty cool about it because they all want the same photo opportunity. Our car could fit pretty easily since it's a sedan. I don't think we turned in our side mirrors either. I was kind of worried about some of the bigger vehicles, like the SUV's but it seemed like the tree was wide enough to accomodate most cars.


We didn't have to wait too long actually. Maybe ten minutes at the most. I've read online that some people wait for 45 minutes sometimes (yikes).



That was that! One more of these to go but located much farther north.
This place also had a picnic area where we enjoyed our lunch that day, salad, sandwiches, sliced fruits plus our drinks.

In a nearby tree, a bluejay friend.

In their giftshop, the Virgin of Guadalupe on wood slices. Nice twist that.

Plus statues that you can find at any botanica store in City Heights.

TC and I were especially surprised to see these mini Eclipse bars here (same price that they sell down here in SD, so no inflation really). They only had the two flavors listed below.

A tilted Welcome to Leggett sign as we were leaving Leggett...


Once again, it was this post from Josh from California Through My Lens (Feb, 2015) that sparked our curiosity. This guy has literally been EVERYWHERE.
More info:
wikipedia, VisitRedwoodCoast and LATimesTravel
Chandelier Drive Thru Tree
67402 Drive Thru Tree Road
Leggett, CA 95585
(707) 925-6363
www.drivethrutree.com, fb page + reviews from yelp and trip advisor
We still had some more driving to do!


2 comments:
haha I haven't been everywhere but everywhere is on my list :)
I admire that you and your wife have been to so many places. Thanks again for visiting my blog.
Post a Comment