"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Olympic Cafe 3x

Earlier this morning...

we enjoyed a family breakfast here.  We were killing three birds with one stone...

TC wanted to take a photo in front of a new mural (on 31st and University), which featured the cover Pierce the Veil's new album, "Misadventures". PTV, a local band, hadn't had a new album release in four years and TC had eagerly been awaiting the release of their album (yesterday).  The band has an ongoing contest for their fans. If they take a photo with the mural and hashtag it, the bad would select their favorites to attend their upcoming concert in SD.  

The other reason we went out for breakfast was because this new coffeeshop opened up several days ago. It happens to be right across the street from Olympic Cafe, so yes, why not.


Our waitress was brand new. We overheard another waitress showing her the ropes and giving her advice.

Bert's bacon, eggs, hash browns and toast. Basic but done right.

TC's gyros with eggs. This was a bit on the hefty side (the other half was taken home). She dind't really like the pita bread saying it was too thick. Plus, the filling fell out when she tried to move it so she ate it deconstructed.

My "Fred's Egg Sandwich" which I've had before and enjoyed.

I also had my sandwich with a side of pork sausage links.  One half for now and the other half for later.  Like last time, I liked that the egg was fried over hard.  The sandwich was nicely toasted and very fresh with the crisp ingredients and bacon within.

Painted utility box on the corner...One side had a beach scene while another panel had what looked like botanical drawings.

We didn't see the need to repark since we were going across the street...

There was a new hybrid coffee/flower shop that just opened and  I wanted us to check it out.

Previous visits to Olympic Cafe:
First and second visits (October 2015)

I really like the pecan waffle here and will probably get that next time around. Now, it's time to cross the street.

2 comments:

Cathy Doe said...

You know, we haven't been here since before I started helping Kirk on the blog. Olympic really has withstood the time test. All the food looks great and breakfast sandwiches are probably my most favorite item to try.

caninecologne said...

Well then, I'd say it's time for a revisit. I love their pecan waffle here. The ladies here are always so nice too. You would like that breakfast sandwich too. I never used to be a breakfast person until the last year and a half when Bert, TC and I started exploring.