"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Quenelle

There was a fairly new (at the time) ice cream place next to this sign shop...

Quenelle, named after the football shaped scoop in French cuisine...

I read somewhere that their flavors changed daily and that day they happened to have a particular Filipino flavor...

They had ice cream plus ice cream bars (which were on the pricy side)...



We didn't mess around with any toppings.  Now nearly two years later, I'm trying to figure out what we had.

Our scoops plus TC's Thin Mint Ice Cream Bar.

The first and last $5 ice cream bar we will ever buy.

My blueberry pie and mandarin passionfruit...

Bert's Golden Rood Heal the Bay IPA (yes, a hoppy beer flavored ice cream) and Kalamansi (the one flavor I was really excited to see).


It was a pretty hot day and what kind of sucked was that there was no place to sit in Quenelle. We stayed in the shade by the side of a building. The ice cream melted faster that I would have liked. I do remember that I enjoyed my two flavors. As for Bert's, I liked the kalamansi much more than the beer lavored one, which was too bitter (which he liked).

Quenelle
2214 W. Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91506
(818) 843-1035

fb page + reviews from that four lettered site

There is now another Quenelle in San Marino (a million dollar neighborhood near Pasadena) which we didn't know about until after we left. Hmmm, yet another reason for another future road trip.  One more post to go and our 2014 trip will be under wraps.  It only took me nearly two years, ha ha.

No comments: