"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Mango Mango revisits

Recently I revisited a healthy eatery with my friends...

We wanted to change things up a bit and have something healthier...

Although we've all been to Mango Mango before, sometimes we forget about it and tend to go to our go-to faves.  I noticed that they now serve breakfast (until 11:30 am though).

Mr. TJ and La Ley used the "buy one get one smoothie" free coupon that I gave them. He also got a cup of their lentil soup which he enjoyed with his smoothie.

This was my Cranberry turkey sandwich - the turkey was thick cut and real turkey breast, not crappy cold cuts. It was like a healthy Thanksgiving leftover sandwich (all it needed was gravy, ha ha).  The bread was lightly toasted  with a thin layer of chipotle mayo and went well with the fresh lettuce and sweet cranberries.

This was Mr. TJ's "Spicy Smoothie" (basically a Chamango) which he said wasn't that sweet.  It looked nice though.  La Ley and I noticed that they didn't put a lot of chaca chaca candy in it and were also light-handed with the chamoy.

I didn't take a photo of La Ley's smoothie which included spinach; it kind of looked like baby food. It was pretty healthy though but wasn't as appetizing color-wise.

On another recent visit, I met up with Bert for lunch here.  I used another "buy one get one smoothie free" coupon while Bert used a $2 off any menu item coupon. The worker seemed a bit peeved that it was a printout and told me, "next time, please bring in the magazine coupon page".  WTF. What's the use of getting the coupons online then? And when you access the coupons on a regular computer, you do have the option to print out the coupons. Anyways, maybe they're trying to monitor people that abuse photo copying the coupons or something. But still...

I got their name sake smoothie, the Mango Mango (mango, pineapple, and banana with coconut). This was really delicious but I can never finish one of these smoothies in one sitting, so it went to my freezer later that afternoon.

The bright green smoothie below was Bert's and included kiwi and spinach along with pineapple and chia seed.  Our smoothies were so very colorful!

 I got the namesake wrap (Mango Mango, duh) - Chicken breast with spinach, chipotle mayo, and fresh mango slices with a spinach wrap/flat bread.  This was really delicious and I wouldn't mind having this again. I felt better about myself after eating this as opposed to say, a double western bacon cheeseburger from Carl's Jr. (which for the record, I haven't eaten in quite a while, years even).



Bert's Turkey pesto sandwich which also included lettuce, pepper jack cheese and fire roasted red peppers. He really enjoyed the toasted sour dough bread and the combination of the turkey meat with pesto sauce. Everything is made fresh to order here.


Both of our items were winners today!

Previous Mango Mango visit:
July 2015

We're going to have to go here for breakfast next time! Mmm, they have chocolate chip pancakes!

No comments: