"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Friday, July 17, 2015

Mango Mango

After seeing the new signage go up earlier this year,

I convinced my co-workers to try this place out...

It's in the same parking lot as Lolita's (home of the well known carne asada fries and California burrito), an older looking strip mall that's kind of quiet. It was the lunch hour and literally every parking space was taken. I had to parallel park (with Mr. TJ's guidance) in the area behind the buildings. There are loading zone spots in the back, but I figured it was fair game.

You may see their menu online here:

They serve sandwiches, salads, wraps, smoothies and fresh juices. Helpful tip - If you are looking for a "chamango", it is not listed as such on the menu. Instead, it is called a "spicy smoothie" (lower left corner of first menu board below). It seems as though they gringofied the name. But yeah, the "spicy smoothie" is really a chamango and you can choose it to be mango, strawberry, pineapple or watermelon.

There were about three young guys filling everyone's orders and one nice young lady working the register. They are very friendly here and polite.

There are a several tables as well as a few that are bar height. The decor is clean looking with interestinh accents made out of industrial materials plus a wooden wall decorated with fern filled vases.






My co-worker's tuna sandwiches with the Heavy Detox smoothie (it was red due to the beets). This, along with the other two's lunches were served in this dish with a very large  handle.

Mr. TJ's turkey pesto sandwich with coconut water.

La Ley's Mango Mango Chicken wrap which used a spinach tortilla. She said her wrap was very light and healthy. In fact, everything that we had was very healthy. This was probably the freshest and healthiest lunch we've had in the week we've been back to work! Mr. TJ declared that this may be his newest favorite lunch spot.

I had the Mango Mango salad ($7.49 with chicken/extra $2.99). This was such a great salad! I loved it. It consisted of fresh greens with mango slices, raspberries, chopped hazelnuts and thinly sliced almonds and served with a very creamy but light mango/citrus dressing. It also came in a huge container that is reusable.



I barely made a dent in the salad but enjoyed what I had very much! Unfortunately, I forgot to take the container of leftovers home so I hope it's still good on Monday.


Reviews from yelp

Mango Mango
4530 Bonita Rd.
Bonita, CA 91902
(619) 470-7300

www.mangomangofreshandhealthy.com

We all enjoyed our lunches here and plan to return once the craziness of work dies down (and it hasn't even started yet!).

4 comments:

Doc Railgun said...

Was it still good? Inquiring minds want to know.

caninecologne said...

Yes, it was still good. In fact, it will be my lunch today! Thanks for visiting Doc.

Mary said...

What a cute new spot! Mangoes in a salad sounds really tasty to me. It looks very light and refreshing.

caninecologne said...

I was there yesterday with Mr. TJ and got a juice while he got the same salad I did. This is a great place.