"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Wow Wow Waffle 3x

After our fab but early dinner at Gunco, I convinced Bert to give Wow Wow Waffle a shot...

(craptastic night shot)

and I also had something else to "sweeten the deal"...

which was an online coupon (thanks Entertainment booklet). Thank goodness for that app!  I liked that the waffle place is far from the busy North Park core, but man, was it ever such a pain to cross the street! We felt like we were in a game of Frogger...

Geez!  After waiting it out and walking to a more visible spot, we were able to cross 30th St. safely.

I noticed they changed the Laundro mat sign to now include Wow Wow Waffle on it. Here is an older photo:

(from my "Wow Wow Waffle" post, June 27, 2014)

And here is the updated sign...You can kind of see the hashtag looking symbol which is supposed to be a liege waffle.

It was 7:00 pm and they would be closing in another hour. I noticed they added more seating along the side and added even more tables. It was quite a nice ambience. The owner was there and as always, he was very friendly, chill, and quite personable. He was also quite generous with my online coupon, giving me the full $7 discount (which I discovered after seeing my receipt). Most places will only give you the lower priced item. Some rarely give you the higher priced item as the discount. Well, kudos to Joseph for basically giving us the monetary equivalent of a free waffle plus a drink. I was surprised that my total  was lower than I expected.


The robin egg blue lecture hall desks were from Point Loma Nazarene College...

We originally sat in a darker spot, but we moved to the big table with more light...

Bert and I shared an iced coffee while TC had a lemonade with (ugh) chia seeds. Her waffle was the Fresh and Light with a vanilla ice cream while Bert chose the Chocolate Lovers waffle, which has three Belgian dark chocolate sticks baked into it.

This fan, which matches the desk seats, is from Grossmont District, according to Joseph. Bert wanted to know. It looks pretty old school.



Of the two waffles, I liked the chocolate infused one the best. We were told that this was one of the more popular waffles and sometimes they even run out of the chocolate sticks. I'm glad it was available the night of our visit.

Bert enjoyed his first visit to WWW. Our waffle was crunchy (yay Pearl sugar chunks!) and very chocolatey.

Who else went to Wow Wow Waffle?
Kirbie enjoyed the waffles here July 2014 and I noticed the "new" sign in her post (she went in the day). I guess they had it done shortly after my visits which were in mid-June right after they opened. You can also see a much better photo of the chocolate infused waffle in her post.

Previous visit to Wow Wow Waffle:
"Dessert Part 1 & 2: Hammonds 3x and return to Wow Wow Waffle" (June 17, 2014) when I went with TORC on a North Park food crawl...

Their website is now listed as:
www.wowwowwaffle.com (instead of wafflestreets.com; but it still leads you to the site)

Awesome customer service by the owner.  Our dessert here was a perfect finish to our Friday evening!

No comments: