"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Saturday, November 01, 2014

Lunch @ Zion

Sometime last week, I took some time off to do errands as well as have lunch here...

where I would meet up with the ever adventurous Cathy of mmm-yoso...


I arrived early to peruse the aisles, and also check out the packaged cold ad  hot foods in the back. Workers were literally putting brand new packages of delicious assorted fried Korean pancakes every few minutes.  They had the fish pancake that I normally get along with an assorted tray with fish, pepper, and pork pancakes.

I ended up getting a tray of the fake crab pancake - fresh out of the kitchen, along with a package of the pork pancakes.

It was nice to have the food court so empty and quiet and devoid of people!  We noticed that they had new chairs, which reminded me of those jelly shoes that were so popular back in the 80's.


Our assortment of food stuffs - coffee from Paris Baguette for Cathy and Vietnamese iced coffee from Boba Bar for me, along with Korean style potato salad, seaweed and the two packages of the aforementioned pancakes.

Like the Santa Claus plates? I like to come prepared. I even brought extra chopsticks, napkins and wet wipes.


We really liked the pork pancake; it was so flavorful and juicy. It was our first time for both of us to try this. I'm glad that Cathy trusted my choices. I haven't had Korean potato salad in awhile. I really like how fruit is incorporated into the salad, in this case, Asian pears.

The aftermath - it barely looks like we put a dent into the food!

Interestingly enough, we both got an amusing text from  Kirk. He didn't know we were having lunch together and once he found out where we were, actually came over to join us!   How cool was that!  It turns out that his work was fairly close by.

This was his "lunch" from Paris Baguette that he was kind enough to share. As you can see, he pretty much got most of the meat pastries - a Polish sausage with spicy mustard, a sliced hot dog with spicy curry, a split sausage roll with corn, a bun filled with chapchae noodles and a sweet potato pastry stick.


Out of all of those pastries, I liked the one with the corn the best. The curry was a bit too spicy for me and the one filled with chapchae was overkill with the carbs. Thanks for letting us have a tiny taste Kirk!

Previous visit to Zion:
December 2013 where I had tons of fun with Astroboi, but hated our lunch at Noodle J-!...

Next up...paying my $%#@ ticket at the Superior Court!

4 comments:

KirkK said...

Hey CC - It was great seeing the both of you! It's been too long!

caninecologne said...

Likewise! I think it's been about 2 years! Thanks for meeting up with us and sharing the hot dog breads. :)

Cathy Doe said...

Your lunch selections were excellent, as were Kirk's. Such a nice coincidence he was nearby that day. Must get to Zion again-soon: Peppero Day!

caninecologne said...

Thanks for trusting my selections. That was so cool that Kirk was able to join us! Pocky Day!!!!