"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

South Bay Food Crawl 3 - Highlights

This past Sunday, several of us enjoyed a South Bay food crawl...

This will just be a highlight of the different places we went before the full-fledged posts are up....

I served as guide to this particular crawl as I was most familiar with the area.

Our first stop was right off the I-5 and Coronado St. exit...

where we enjoyed some hearty hangover food!

Our next stop was less than a minute away on the corner of 18th and Palm Ave.

This is IB's only marisco's truck...

And only a few steps away was this rather new place (the former "House Burger") also featuring mariscos...

Do you sense a common thread with these places yet?

We quenched our thirst in the U.S.'s most Southwesterly City at a recently opened brewhouse...

and enjoyed watching the surfers ride the waves on this beautiful Sunday morning...

Dessert was enjoyed at a local favorite that didn't make it to Andrew Zimmern's "Bizzare Foods America" San Diego segment...

While our last stop was spent at the biggest Filipino supermarket in the South Bay...


Looking forward to spitting out the full length posts and hearing/seeing the POV's from the other crawl-folks (Jinxi & S along with Mary & Jake)...

It was quite fun and although we didn't get to hit up each and every place I wanted (that would have been impossible), we did hit some old faves and discovered some new ones as well...

2 comments:

Cathy Doe said...

I'm sorry I missed this crawl; it looks like it was a great sampling of South Bay. I do know where each place is and just need to get back there (a meal and grocery shopping is the ideal situation)

caninecologne said...

hi cathy, it wasn't the same without you. :( next time! there are still so many other places to try as well!