Bert and I went here this past weekend after dropping off TC and a friend for a volunteer service function closeby...

On our way back on Palm Ave, we stopped by Bobar 2's parking lot, bypassing the evil toothbrush wielding teddy bear...
I liked the tacos here so much that I just had to come back with Bert. In less than a week too!

It was still pretty early (before 10 am) and the tables and chairs weren't set up quite yet.



The previous weekend's consomme was quite chunky with loads of celery. Not so this week. It was watery and had some onions and some celery. Bert really liked having something warm to enjoy while waiting for our tacos...
This was the grilled shrimp (camaron a la plancha)...

There was so much shrimp plus an extra tortilla so we divided the ingredients between the tortillas (seen below). Next to it was the Culiche taco, which is grilled shrimp with culiche sauce, a delicious blend of cream, poblano peppers and garlic. OMG, so good this was. (For another look at this type of preparation, see my previous post, "Mariscos with the Two C's" where we had fish with culiche sauce).

Just look at that beautiful green sauce...


We divided this once more...one taco being less cheesy than the other since the cheese was grilled onto just one tortilla. We added the pickled red onions from their truck's condiment compartment, and added some creamy hot sauce as well.

Of the two, Bert enjoyed the grilled shrimp the best while I really liked the culichi sauced shrimp. I would get this again. Soon, I hope, especially since we are in that area every weekend.
Previous visit to Mariscos Isaac (this location):
Last week!
Just as with the last foodcrawl I enjoyed the previous weekend, I took Bert to the same place we went after the taco truck, just past the car wash...


2 comments:
Mostly I'm drooling over the added avocado, haha. I wish my shrimp taco had had all that avocado, too!
Like bacon, avocado makes everything taste better!
Post a Comment