"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Return to Morro Bay

The year is nearly over and I still have so many loose ends on the blog, including our summer road trip and our spring break road trip (just a few left). This posts marks the return of our Central Coast Road trip...

...continuing with Day 2 in which we ventured into Morro Bay after having had a couple of excellent fish tacos at Ruddell's Smokehouse (aka "Lunch Part 1) in Cayucos.

Morro Bay is a sleepy little beach town in the Central Coast. It is only seven miles south of Cayucos. If the day is clear, you can see the majesty of Morro Rock in the bay...

Stuck in traffic on the PCH...

Aah, there it is! Normally, it is foggy here. So foggy that you cannot even see the rock. We were fortunate to experience lovely weather during our vacation.

I always like seeing these types of signs as you enter small towns. You can see the different organizations like the Lions Club, the Masons, the Kiwanis and such

Trying to find parking was "fun". Since it was summer, that means tourists galore, and that included us. Bert found a spot on a hill a few blocks away which wasn't terribly far from where we wanted to go.

Along the bayfront, you can see the triple towers of the nuclear power plant...

Here is a supershort (1 minute) video highlighting the sights of Morro Bay. If you're like me and hate twee sounding hipster music, feel free to turn off the sound, haha.

The camera lense had some sort of unusual effect in which the rock, the scenery, people, etc look like miniatures come to life.  I don't know if that makes sense, but the effect is a bit surreal looking to me.

Previous visit to Morro Bay:
June 2009

More info on Morro Bay:
City of Morro Bay
www.morrobay.org

Next stop...lunch with a view of the Power Plant andMorro Rock!

2 comments:

Cathy Doe said...

I think you captured the essence of a small town-Lions, Kiwanis, Rotarians, Masons and churches- all Service floats in the Rose Parade. The white signs under each symbol mention meeting times/dates and places. (Masons are the Oddfellows and Rebekkahs for the parade).

caninecologne said...

Thank you. I like little things like this. The kind of stuff people pass by everyday and don't think twice about until it's gone. There is a same type of sign on Bonita Rd. as you head into Bonita. Sometime last month, I noticed all of the circles were BLANK. Then a few weeks later, they were all replaced with brand new signs. I was relieved.

Good to know re: sings under the symbol. I snapped this shot in a moving car so I didn't get a chance to really look up close.