
otherwise known as the two "C's" - Cathy from Mmm-Yoso and Carol from CAB Cooks!
This unassuming eatery on Broadway in Chula Vista was our first stop...
I'd been here twice before, Cathy once (her posts are forthcoming I'm sure) and Carol, her first time...This gave the first Cathy and I a chance to try two different things we hadn't tried before, which is always good. We ordered one item from the shrimp plates...

and another from their House Specialties.

Our chilled condiments with hot sauce and chips. I really like the pickled red onions here and their fresh salsa.

Our hearty consomme just chock full of shrimp and fish! Very flavorful!

Carol ordered a large mixed seafood coctel for us to share. A nice touch were the slices of fanned avocado on top (pushed aside though when I took this photo).

All of our dishes plus corn tortillas...

This was the shrimp dish, "Culichis" which was covered with cheese and green poblano sauce. The sauce was creamy and smooth with a nice kick to it from the peppers. I made a taco out of this...

The House Speciality dish was the Filete Relleno de Mariscos (stuffed seafood fillet), also served with rice and beans. The sauce was exceptionally good - homemade and no cheese in there. It was a really rich white sauce with spinach.

Lots of different pieces of seafood in the stuffed fish (you could still taste the crisp edges of the fried fish) that weren't smothered with this delicious sauce.

Our plan was to go to a tamales place afterwards, but as you can see by our selections (of which there were ample leftovers), we were stuffed.
Previous visits:
January 2012
July 2012
Prior to arriving at Miramar, we attempted a visit to the infamous Stardust Donuts in I.B. in the hopes that they would be open. Unfortunately, the answer was a big fat NO. The "closed" sign mocked us as we drove up, sighed in disappointment, and admired the dilapidated and rundown signage before we drove off to Chula Vista. Still newly enamored of Mary's Donuts from Santee, I wanted to show the two C's the South Bay's donut institution (definitely not KD's
Our next stop would be downtown Chula Vista...


4 comments:
The food here was delicious! Too bad Stardust wasn't open. Funny story, we went to Mary's last weekend for donuts and the Mister said that it was okay (cream puffs are killer!) but that the best donuts he's ever had was this little place in IB. He couldn't remember the name until I asked if it was Stardust. Yup, that's it. He's lucky that his office mate brings in Stardust donuts every so often.
hi c - yeah, i like this place a lot.
sigh. stardust. it's always hit and miss with them (re: their closing hours). their little cinnamon buns are so good, very tiny with the frosting embedded within. omg....
I just now got around to my post (and camera view) of our meal. Forgot about Stardust- and now need to go back and hover around there...thanks for letting me know about Miramar-it's now a regular stop...unless TJ Oyster Bar and Hans and Harry's gets in the way!
hi cathy - good luck with trying to catch stardust when they're open!
miramar is great - so glad that we went!
Post a Comment