
at the ungodly hour of 3 am!
We didn't mess around. We had planned stops and were able to get to the Bay Area by noon'ish...

Here are some highlights from our first day. The full fledged posts will follow like a torrential flood of soupy diarrhea once I get everything in order.
Lunch was enjoyed at a small sandwich shop in San Rafael (their mascot is awesome even though I don't like pickles all too much)...

Cassettes that I bought from a local used record store (I went to the Kick tour in 1988! It was my first concert!)

Their coffee was exceptionally good (located inside a bookstore):

A major highlight was the short drive to San Anselmo at this micro park:


Followed by a quick jaunt up north to the quirky town of Sebastopol at this nursery that specializes in carnivorous plants:

Dinner would be here in downtown Petaluma.

If you've watched "American Graffiti", the building above should be familiar...
Dinner was at a place recommended by Kirk and I have to say that everything was "on point"!

Our day was super long but the journey was quite fun seeing so many interesting places and of course, having great coffee, food and snacks.
The next day would take us exploring a few towns away (pop culture/movie sites, a couple of farms, cool recycled artwork, plus great food and more coffee)...


2 comments:
Glad Risibisi worked out for you CC! I dated a young lady who loved INXS and made me go to three of their concerts.....
We had the same waiter...I looked at your pix and recognized him. He was really knowledgeable and very very nice. And handsome too. Glad we went here.
Wow, you've gone to 2 more INXS concerts than I have! They're one of my favorite bands. Too bad about the lead singer's demise though.
Post a Comment